When a disc is not loaded, you can use the monitor out
function to monitor the sound of the input source. The
monitor out function can also be used to set recording
levels without loading a disc.
to remove the disc.
Press INPUT repeatedly to select the input connected
to the sound source you want to monitor.
• "Monitor Out" appears in the display.
Sound from the selected input will be output from
this unit's analog and digital output terminals.
Start playing the sound source.
• The sound is output from the MD recorder's
analog and digital output terminals.
• This function is useful to monitor the sound of an external
digital component connected to the DIGITAL OPTICAL 2 IN
• The digital volume can be adjusted when using the monitor out
function. However, please note that the digital volume setting
is restored to the default (0 dB) the next time a recording is
Protecting a recorded MD
• To protect a recorded MD, slide the tab on the side of
the MD to open the slot.
In this position, the MD cannot be used for recording,
editing, or titling. To record, edit, or title the MD, slide
the tab to close the slot.
• If the MD is protected against erasure, "Protected"
appears in the display.
Slide the tab to
open the slot.