1. Firstly, ensure your MAG box is powered up and fully booted. 2. Now, if your MAG box has an ethernet cable connected, remove from the back. 3. Then, remove the power cable from the back of the box and then after 2-3 seconds reinsert the power.
5. Now, keep pressing the button even whilst you see the Infomir logo on your TV screen and observe the white light on the front of the box. 6. The white light should initially start to blink. When this occurs, keep the reset button pressed.
9. Now wait for the MAG box to start the factory reset process. This will involve seeing a blue screen followed by a blank black screen. This may take a couple of minutes, so please be patient… 10. Once the factory reset has completed, you should enter the inner portal screen showing several icons on a dark background.
Configure Time Server 11. From the home screen, use your remote to highlight “Settings” and then press OK. 12. On the next screen, highlight “System Settings” and press OK.
13. Next, go to “Servers” and then press OK. 14. Then highlight “General” and press the OK button on your remote. 15. On this screen, enter the following into the NTP server text field: pool.ntp.org...
Press on KB (Keyboard) button on your remote to activate the on-screen keyboard and type this in. Use the arrow keys on your remote to locate the correct keys and then press the OK button to select each letter or character one-by-one. When completed, press the KB (Keyboard) button again to close the on-screen keyboard.
20. Now press the EXIT button on your remote to return to the System Settings screen. Configure Wi-Fi Network 21. If your MAG box uses a Wi-Fi connection to log onto your home network, you need to set this up next. If your MAG box uses an ethernet connection, reinsert the ethernet cable at the back of the box and skip to Step 27.
23. Next, highlight Wireless (Wi-Fi) and press OK using your remote. 24. Now highlight "Auto (DHCP)" and press OK on your remote. 25. On the next screen, you will see available Wi-Fi networks. Highlight the correct network you wish to use and press OK.
27. Your box is now fully configured. So finally, highlight “Reboot device” and press OK using your remote. Press OK once again to confirm. The box will now restart. 28. If configured correctly, your MAG box should fully boot and load TV service. Unsuccessful?
In some instances, some MAG boxes will not fully factory reset due to custom firmware having been loaded onto the box by the previous vendor. This occurs because the software loaded was unofficial customised firmware and has been designed to prevent factory resets.