Your new dryer
Congratulations - You have chosen to buy a modern, high-quality
exclusively for domestic use,
Siemens domestic appliance.
only for drying fabrics which have been washed using
A distinctive feature of your dryer is its low energy consumption.
Every dryer which leaves our factory is carefully checked to ensure
Keep children younger than 3 years old away from
that it functions correctly and is in perfect condition.
Should you have any questions, our after-sales service will be pleased
Do not let children make the cleaning and
maintenance work on the dryer without supervision.
Do not leave children unsupervised near the dryer.
Keep pets away from the dryer.
The dryer may be operated by children from
This appliance is labelled in accordance with European Directive
8 years of age, by persons who have limited
2012/19/EU concerning used electrical and electronic appliances
physical, sensory or mental abilities and by
(waste electrical and electronic equipment - WEEE). The guideline
persons who have inadequate experience or
determines the framework for the return and recycling of used
knowledge, provided they are supervised or
have been instructed by a responsible person.
appliances as applicable throughout the EU.
This appliance is intended for use up to a maximum
height of 4000 metres above sea level.
For further information about our products, accessories, spare parts
and services, please visit: www.siemens-home.com
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
Setting the programmes . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3/4
Notes on laundry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5
Care and cleaning . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6
Overview of programmes . . . . . . . . . . . . 7
Installation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8
Technical data . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
Optional accessories . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
What to do if... / After-sales service . . . . 10
Safety instructions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11
Before using the dryer for the first time
installation, see page 8
run the drying cycle without any laundry
Never operate the dryer if it is damaged.
Inform your after-sales service.
Only if your hands are dry.
Only hold the plug by the plug
Sorting and loading laundry
Remove all objects from pockets.
Pay particular attention to cigarette lighters.
The drum must be empty before filling.
Selecting and adjusting the programme
Select the drying programme ...
... and adapt to individual requirements
For a detailed programme overview,
Only operate the dryer with the
fluff filter inserted.
clean the fluff filter, check the exhaust air duct
Reduces creasing and prolongs the anti-creasing phase after the programme
Reduced temperature for delicate fabrics
, e.g. polyacrylic, polyamide, elastane
or acetate; for longer drying times.
Cleaning the fluff filter
Clean the fluff filter after each drying cycle.
Open the door and pull out the fluff filter.
Remove the fluff (brush your hand over the fluff filter).
If the fluff filter is very dirty or blocked, wash it out with warm water and
Insert the fluff filter so that you hear it engage.
Remove fluff from door/door area.
Switching off the dryer
Turn the programme selector to Off.
Do not leave laundry in the dryer.
Removing the laundry
Your dryer has an automatic anti-crease function. The drum is moved at set intervals for 30 minutes after
the programme has ended. Laundry remains loose and fluffy (for 90 minutes, if additional
function is selected - depending on model).
End of programme
(finished/anti-crease) indicator light flashes
as soon as the
Interrupting the programme
Loading or removing laundry
The drum and door may be hot.
The drying programme can be interrupted briefly for loading or removing laundry. The selected
programme must then continue to run to the end.
1. Open the door; the drying process is interrupted.
2. Load or remove laundry and close the door.
3. If required, select a new programme and additional functions.
4. Press the
Notes on laundry ...
Labelling of fabrics
Follow the manufacturer's care instructions.
Drying at a normal temperature.
Drying at a lower temperature
in addition, select
Do not machine dry.
Be sure to follow the safety instructions
For example, do not use the dryer for the following fabrics:
– Airtight fabrics (e.g. rubber-coated fabrics).
– Delicate materials (silk, curtains made from synthetic material)
they may crease.
– Laundry contaminated with oil.
Before drying for the first time
– Do not put any laundry in the machine. Turn the programme selector to Zeitprogramm
(timer programme) (
page 7) and select
Start. At the end of the programme, turn the
programme selector to Off.
– To ensure a consistent result, sort the laundry by fabric type and drying programme.
– Always dry very small fabrics (e.g. baby socks) together with large items of laundry
(e.g. hand towels).
– Fasten zips, hooks and eyelets, button covers and tie together cloth belts, bands, etc.
– Do not overdry easy-care laundry
risk of creasing
Allow laundry to finish drying in the air.
– Do not iron laundry immediately after drying, fold items up and leave for a while
the remaining moisture will then be distributed evenly.
– Knitted fabrics (e.g. T-shirts, jerseys) often shrink slightly the first time they are tumble-dried.
Do not use the Cupbord Dry Plus
– Starched laundry is not always suitable for dryers
starch leaves behind a coating that
adversely affects the drying operation.
– When washing the laundry that is to be tumble-dried, measure the fabric softener in
accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
– Using a timer programme with a small laundry load
optimisation of the drying result.
Environmental protection / Energy-saving tips
– Before drying, spin the laundry thoroughly in the washing machine
the higher the spin
speed, the shorter the drying time will be (consumes less energy), also spin easy-care
– Use the maximum recommended fill level but do not overload with laundry
overview of programmes, page 7.
– Make sure the room is well ventilated during drying.
– Clean the fluff filter after every drying cycle
Care and cleaning
Only when the appliance is
Dryer housing, control panel
– Wipe off with a soft, damp cloth.
– Do not use abrasive cleaners or solvents.
– Remove detergent and cleaning agent residue immediately.
Exhaust air duct
Check the exhaust air duct. Clean the exhaust air duct every six months.
Do not bend the exhaust air duct.
1. Switch off the dryer and allow it to cool down.
2. Disconnect the mains plug.
3. Remove the exhaust air duct.
4. Clean the exhaust air duct.
5. Refit the exhaust air duct
Installation instructions for exhaust air duct.
The dryer is equipped with stainless steel moisture sensors.
Moisture sensors measure the moisture level of the laundry.
After sustained, repeated operation, a fine layer of limescale may form
on the moisture sensors.
1. Open the door.
2. Clean the moisture sensors using a slightly damp sponge with a rough
Do not use steel wool or abrasive materials.