HFD-135 OM English.qxd
REMOVING / CLEANING THE IFD
air purifier is equipped with an electronic filter
indicator to serve as a convenient guideline for cleaning the
and pre-filter based on the air purifier's hours of use
and operating power level. This is beneficial because a
filter's life depends on the amount of air and contaminants
drawn through it. As you operate your IFD
filter bar indicator will fill-up from left to right. The bar will
continue to fill as you use the unit. Once the bar is
completely full, the Filter Reset button will illuminate – it is
time to clean the filters and reset the filter indicator.
To reset the filter clean indicator:
• With the power on, press and hold the Filter Reset button
for 10 seconds, or until the filter bar clears itself (Fig. 5).
NOTE: Depending upon your individual usage (environment,
hours and power level of operation), you may need to check
and clean the filters more or less frequently.
To remove the IFD
• Make certain that the air purifier is OFF and the unit is
• Remove the rear door panel by turning the rear knob
counter-clockwise and lifting the panel out and up.
• Gently tug the filter basket door towards you – the basket
will first rotate and then slide out of the unit (Fig. 6).
• Continue to slide the basket and remove from the filter
swing arm (Fig. 7).
• Take the IFD
filter out of the filter basket and clean the
filter (Fig. 8).
To clean the IFD
• After removing the IFD
run a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle or brush attachment along the filter to pick-up tiny particles (Fig. 9).
Repeat on both sides.
If your IFD
filter appears to have dirt that has not been removed by vacuuming, please follow the steps
below to wash the IFD
• Turn the power off and unplug the air purifier.
• Remove the IFD
filter from the unit.
• Fill the sink with lukewarm water and add a few drops of mild dish soap (Fig. 10).
• Gently swish the filter in the soap solution to clean.
• Soak the filter for 2-3 minutes. Do not leave for an extended period of time.
• Rinse the filter with clean tap water.
• Shake the filter to remove any excess water (Fig. 11).
• Place the filter with the honeycomb side down on a plush towel.
• Note that the filter may still be discolored even after washing.
This is acceptable and will not affect performance.
• Allow the IFD
filter to dry for a few hours or overnight.
• When the IFD
filter is completely dry, place back into the air purifier.
Air Purifier, the
Filter from the air purifier, gently