FIXING MATERIAL SUPPLIED Fig. 2
Only use screws and fixing material supplied!
dust protection sticker
REMOVING TRANSPORT SCREWS Fig. 1
Remove the three transport screws from the underside of the CD changer.
Clean around the three holes on the CD changer.
Glue the supplied round stickers G over the holes to prevent dust entering the CD changer.
Store the three transport screws in the supplied plastic bag.
DETERMINE THE MOUNTING POSITION FOR THE CD CHANGER
Possible locations are:
- in the luggage boot (trunk),
- in the glove compartment,
- under the seats or,
- behind the seats of a pick-up truck.
The installation must not interfere with the legroom or influence the safe driving of the
If the CD changer is to be mounted in the luggage boot, first install the extension cable (
Fig. 15) between the dashboard and the luggage boot.
• Ensure that the plug at the dashboard side correctly fits the connector of the car radio adapter
cable (or the cable already fitted to certain types of car radio).
• If you have to drill holes for the extension cable, ensure that the edges of the holes are free
from swarf. Provide the holes with a grommet or piece of tape.
• Ensure that the cable is not bent at sharp angles and cannot be damaged by any moving
parts in the vehicle.
• Determine the mounting position for the CD changer. Ensure that the CD cartridge can easily
be inserted and removed!
• Do not mount the unit upside-down if mounted horizontally or at an angle of 45° (Fig. 3a or 3c),
or on its side if mounted vertically (Fig. 3b).
• The opening for the CD cartridge must face upwards in case of vertical mounting (Fig. 3b).