The desktop gives you point-and-select access to the data management features of the CSF Unit.
Whenever you want to return to the desktop, simply press the MENU button.
• Note that one of the icons on the desktop is flashing, This means that the icon is selected.
HOW TO USE THE DESKTOP
1. Use the cursor keys to move the flashing around the desktop until the one you want is selected (flashing).
2. After selecting an icon, press OK to access the functions of that icon.
• Selecting some icons (like the Clock and Telephone) cause another selection screen to appear.
• Details on actually using the features and functions that you access from the desktop are described in
the other sections of this manual.
CHANGING THE DESKTOP SCREEN'S WINDOW SCENERY
You can change the scenery that is outside the desktop screen's window to any one of the scenes shown
below. Simply display the desktop screen and press the COLOR SELECT key that corresponds to the
scenery you want to select.
Night-time city scene
Daytime city scene
ADJUSTING THE COLOR BALANCE
The following procedure describes how to adjust the color contrast, which controls the relative darkness
and lightness of each color on the display.
TO ADJUST THE COLOR BALANCE
1. While the desktop is on the display, press FUNC.
2. Press 1 to select SYSTEM.
to display the second SYSTEM menu.
4. Press 1 to select COLOR BALANCE.
to move the pointer to the color whose contrast you want to set.
to adjust the contrast of the currently selected color.
• You can adjust the overall contrast of the display by pressing
7. After you finish adjusting the display contrast, press OK.
• Color contrast settings are registered as soon as you make them. Because of this, pressing either OK
or ESC quits the color contrast procedure only. Pressing ESC does not return the color contrast setting
to what is was.
• Temperature changes can cause changes in background color and the tint of display colors .
— 6 —