Summary of Contents for Canon EF300mm F2.8L IS USM
EF300mm F2.8L IS USM EF400mm F2.8L IS USM Instructions EF500mm F4L IS USM EF600mm F4L IS USM...
Thank you for purchasing this Canon IS USM lens. Canon’s EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM, EF400mm f/2.8L Features IS USM, EF500mm f/4L IS USM and EF600mm 1. Use of fluorite and UD lens elements giving f/4L IS USM are high-performance super-telephoto highly superior definition.
a Safety Precautions • Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. a Safety Precautions • Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. • Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for 1. Do not look at the sun or a bright light source help.
Nomenclature Hood mount (→ 15) Focusing ring (→ 5) Focusing range selection switch (→ 5) Distance scale (→ 13) Strap holder (→ 2) Drop-in filter (→ 16) Rubber ring (→ 4) Focus recall ring (→ 9) AF stop button (→ 6) Contacts (→...
If the rubber ring becomes worn, it is replaceable by a Canon Service Center at cost. After detaching the lens, place the lens with the rear end up to prevent the lens surface and contacts from getting scratched.
2. Setting the Focus 3. Switching the Mode Focusing Range 2.5m 6.4m 2.5m 6.4m STABILIZER To shoot in autofocus mode, set the focus mode The focusing range can be selected by this switch to AF. switch to suit the shooting situation. This can To use only manual focusing, set the focus reduce the time needed for autofocusing.
4. AF Stop Button Switching the focusing range Before switching the focusing range, turn the focusing ring to select a focusing distance somewhere within the desired range. If you do not set the lens to a focusing distance that is within the selected focusing range, autofocusing may stop when it reaches the range boundary.
5. Focusing Ring AF Stop Button The AF stop function cannot be used with the EOS EF-M on manual focus cameras. On the EOS 630/600, EOS RT, EOS A2/A2E/5 or EOS10S/10, if the AF mode is set to AI SERVO AF and film winding is set for continuous shooting, autofocusing will not resume when you release the AF stop button.
6. Focus Preset If a particular focusing position is stored in the lens’s memory, the focus can be set instantly to the stored position, even when pictures are being taken of other subjects. This feature can be used in both AF and MF focus modes. <...
Focus Preset Release the shutter button when you turn the focus recall ring. If the AF mode is set to ONE SHOT AF, the exposure setting locks when you press the shutter button halfway. Consequently, < Recalling a focus Position > the exposure may not be set correctly if you are holding the shutter button halfway down as you turn the focus recall ring.
7. Image Stabilizer You can use the image stabilizer in AF or MF mode. STABILIZER STABILIZER MODE FOCUS PRESET STABILIZER MODE Set the image stabilizer Select the stabilizer mode. Press the shutter button switch to (on). down halfway to check the Select MODE 1 for standard stabilization.
8. Tips on Using the Image Stabilizer The image stabilizer is particularly effective for hand-held shots in the following conditions. MODE 1 MODE 2 (ON) (ON) (OFF) (OFF) q In semi-darkened areas such as indoors or q When panning subjects in motion. outdoors at night.
Tips on Using the Image Stabilizer Set the image stabilizer switch to (off) when The image stabilizer function operates normally you are taking pictures with a tripod. with EOS cameras launched since the fall of * Even if the image stabilizer switch is set to 1993 (EOS REBEL XS/500, EOS-1N/DP/HS/RS, (on), the IS function does not operate because EOS ELAN IIE/50E, EOS REBEL G/500 N, EOS...
9. Infinity Distance Mark Tips on Using the Image Stabilizer The image stabilizer function also operates when the lens is used with an EF12 II or EF25 II extension tube. If you set the camera’s Custom Function to change the assigned button to operate the AF, 32 32 the image stabilizer will operate when you press the newly assigned AF button.
10. Using the Tripod Mount Adjusting the Tripod Mount Loosening the orientation lock knob on the tripod mount allows you to turn the lens and camera freely. This is useful when you want to switch the camera between landscape and portrait positions while it is mounted on a tripod.
11. Hood 12. Case The special hoods that come with all these lenses cut out unwanted light and protect the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When putting the lens into its case, reverse the To attach the hood, loosen the hood lock knob lens hood, slip it over the lens, and attach the by turning it counterclockwise.
13. Drop-In Filters A 52-series drop-in gelatin filter holder with a <Fitting the Gelatin Filter> glass filter is installed as standard equipment on each lens. The drop-in filter is used fitted with a gelatin filter (sold separately). 14mm 14mm 47mm 47mm <Removing and Installing the Drop-in Filter>...
14. Extenders (sold separately) The tables below show the specifications for each lens when it is used with an EF1.4× II or EF2× II extender. EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM EF1.4× II EF2× II EF1.4× II EF2× II Focal length (mm) Aperture f/4 –...
15. Extension tube (sold separately) Extenders (sold separately) The tables below show the photographic range When using the EF500mm f/4L IS USM or the EF600mm f/4L IS USM with the EF2× II and magnification when each lens is used with extender, set the focus mode to MF.
The size and weight listed are for the lens only, except as indicated. Aperture settings are specified on the camera. All data listed is measured according to Canon standards. Product specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice. ENG-19...
Specifications EF500mm f/4L IS USM EF600mm f/4L IS USM 24 × 36 mm Image Size Focal Length/Aperture 500 mm f/4 600 mm f/4 Lens Construction 13 groups, 17 elements 13 groups, 17 elements Minimum Aperture f/32 f/32 Angle of View Diagonal: 5°...