Summary of Contents for Canon EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM Instructions...
Thank you for purchasing a Canon product. 8. A power focus mode enables smooth focus Canon’s EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM and EF400mm change. f/2.8L IS II USM are high-performance super- 9. A focus preset function for advance storage telephoto lenses, for use with EOS cameras.
Safety Precautions Safety Precautions Handling Cautions If the lens is taken from a cold environment into a Do not look at the sun or a bright light source warm one, condensation may develop on the lens through the lens or camera. Doing so could result in surface and internal parts.
Safety Precautions This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES- Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This 003. device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
If the rubber ring becomes worn, it is replaceable by a Canon Service Center at cost. Attaching the strap After detaching the lens, place the lens with the rear end up to prevent the lens surface and contacts from getting scratched.
FULL switch (p. 8) is at OFF. 2 m/6.6 ft. – 6 m/19.7 ft. EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Operating the playback ring enables focus 6 m/19.7 ft. – ∞ change at a set speed. This is a useful feature FULL for changing focus when shooting movies.
The AF stop function also works in AI Servo AF mode. Angle positioning of the AF stop button is adjustable by a Canon Service Center at cost. With the EOS 630/600, RT, A2/A2E/5, or 10S/10 set to the AI Servo AF mode and continuous...
5. Focus Preset By presetting any focusing distance, you can instantly focus at that point even while you are shooting a different subject. This function operates in any of the AF, PF, and MF modes. < How to Set > Set the focus preset switch Press the shutter button Press the focus preset...
Focus Preset < How to Focus at the Preset Distance > When turning the playback ring, keep your finger away from the shutter button. In One-Shot AF mode, the exposure will be locked when you press the shutter button halfway and focus is achieved.
6. Power Focus (PF) Mode Using the playback ring enables smooth focus change. This is a useful feature for changing focus when shooting movies. With the focus preset switch set to OFF, set the focus mode Rotate the playback ring to switch to PF.
7. Image Stabilizer You can use the image stabilizer in AF, PF, or MF mode. Set the STABILIZER switch Select the stabilizer mode. First press the shutter to ON. button down halfway, then MODE 1: Corrects vibrations in press down all the way to all directions.
8. Tips on Using the Image Stabilizer The image stabilizer for this lens is effective for hand-held shots in the following conditions. MODE 1 MODE 2 In semi-darkened areas such as indoors or When panning subjects in motion. outdoors at night. In locations where flash photography is prohibited, such as art museums and theater MODE 3...
Tips on Using the Image Stabilizer The Image Stabilizer cannot compensate for a Using a tripod also stabilizes the image. However, depending on the kind of tripod and blurred shot caused by a subject that moved. Set the STABILIZER switch to OFF when you shooting conditions, sometimes it may be better are taking pictures using the Bulb setting (long to turn off the Image Stabilizer function.
9. Infinity Compensation 10. Hood Mark Infinity compensation mark Distance index The special hoods that come with all these lenses cut out unwanted light and protect the To compensate for shifting of the infinity focus front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust. point that results from changes in temperature.
11. Fitting the Lens Cap Reverse the lens hood, slip Lift the hook and loop With the lock knob at the it over the lens, and tighten fastener, and fit the cap so opening in the cap, close the lock knob to fix it in that the lock knob rides up the fastener to fix the cap in place.
12. Case Slot Hinge Strap Lever Keyhole The illustration shows the EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM. Put the lens away as follows. Fold the strap and fit it into the space near the case hinges. Reverse the lens hood, slip it over the lens, Fasten the lens securely with the strap.
IS II USM only) Replacement with the included monopod mount A wire-type security lock can be purchased can be done at a Canon Service Center at cost. separately. Since the mount requires special fastening, as a safety precaution, do not replace the mount yourself.
15. Drop-In Filters <Using a Gelatin Filter> A 52(WII)-series drop-in gelatin filter holder with a glass filter is included with the lens. The drop- in filter holder can be used fitted with a gelatin filter (sold separately). 14mm 14mm 47mm 47mm <Installing and Removing>...
Errors may occur if you attach the extender to the camera first. When shooting with EOS A2/A2E/5 fitted with either the EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM or EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM, use –0.5 step exposure compensation when using extender EF1.4× II, and use –1 step exposure when using extender EF2×...
You can attach extension tube EF12 II or EF25 II for magnified shots. The shooting distance and magnification are shown below. EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Focusing Distance Range (mm) Magnification (×) Close distance Long distance Close distance Long distance...
The size and weight listed are for the lens only, except as indicated. The Close-up Lenses 250D and 500D cannot be attached. Aperture settings are specified on the camera. All data listed is measured according to Canon standards. Product specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice. ENG-21...