IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Always follow basic safety precautions
when using electrical appliances,
including the following:
– Always observe the following
to reduce the risk of electrical shock, ﬁ re, or
• Read all instructions before using the unit.
• Use only a 220-240 volt outlet.
• This appliance can be used by
children aged from 8 years and above
and persons with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities or lack of
experience and knowledge if they have
been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a
safe way and understand the hazards
involved. Children shall not play with
the appliance. Cleaning and user
maintenance shall not be made by
children without supervision.
• If the power cord is damaged, it must
be replaced by the manufacturer, its
service agent, a Sharp authorized
Service Centre or similarly qualiﬁ ed
persons in order to avoid a hazard.
• Be sure to remove the power plug
when reﬁ lling the Water Tank, before
performing maintenance, when
removing and attaching and replacing
the ﬁ lter and when not using for a long
time. Failure to do so can cause a short
circuit resulting in electrical shock or
• Do not use the unit if the power cord or
plug is damaged or if the connection to the
wall outlet is loose.
• Periodically remove dust from the plug.
• Do not insert ﬁ ngers or foreign objects into
the air intake or air outlet.
• When removing the power plug, always
hold the plug and never pull on the cord.
Failure to do so can cause a short circuit
resulting in electrical shock or ﬁ re.
• When removing the unit, do not damage
the power cord with the casters.
Failure to do so can cause electric shock,
heat generation, or ﬁ re.
• Be careful not to damage the power cord, it
may cause electric shock, excess heat or
• Do not remove the plug when your hands
• Do not place the unit near gas appliances
or ﬁ replaces.
• Only a Sharp Authorized Service Centre
should service this air puriﬁ er. Contact the
nearest Service Centre for any problems,
adjustments, or repairs.
• Do not operate the unit in rooms where
aerosol insecticides are present. Do not
operate the unit in rooms where there
is oily residue, incense, sparks from lit
cigarettes, or chemical fumes in the air. Do
not operate the unit in places where it may
get wet, such as a bathroom.
• Be cautious when cleaning the unit. Strong
corrosive cleansers can damage the
• When carrying the unit, ﬁ rst remove the
Water Tank and Humidifying Tray, and then
hold the unit by the handles on both sides.
• Do not drink the water in the Humidifying
Tray or Water Tank.
• Do not expose the unit to water. Doing
so can cause a short circuit or electrical
• Replace the water in the Water Tank daily
with fresh tap water, and regularly clean
the Water Tank and Humidifying Tray (see
E-8, E-13, E-14). When the unit is not in
use, dispose of the water in the Water Tank
and Humidifying Tray. Leaving water in the
Water Tank or Humidifying Tray can cause
mold, bacteria, and bad odours.
In rare cases, such bacteria can be a
– What to do if the unit interferes with
radio or TV reception
If the air puriﬁ er interferes with radio or
television reception, try one or more of the
• Adjust or reposition the receiving antenna.
• Increase the distance between the unit and
the radio or TV.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a
circuit different from that of the radio or TV
• Consult the dealer or a qualiﬁ ed radio or
• Do not block the air intake or air outlet.
• Do not place the unit near or on hot
objects, such as stoves or heaters, or
where it may come into contact with steam.