Catalog Nos. CHV9608, CHV1408, CHV1568, CHV1688
BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE CATALOG No. AND DATE CODE AVAILABLE. IN MOSTCASES, ABLACK & DECKER
REPRESENTATIVE CAN RESOLVE THE PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION OR
COMMENT , GIVE US ACALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VITALTO BLACK & DECKER.
To purchase a replacement filter
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
VEA EL ESPAÑOL EN LA CONTRAPORTADA.
INSTRUCTIVO DE OPERACIÓN, CENTROS DE SERVICIO Y PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA.
A A D D V V E E R R T T E E N N C C I I A A : : LÉASE ESTE INSTRUCTIVO ANTES DE USAR EL PRODUCTO.
Catalog Nos. CHV9608. CHV1408, CHV1568, CHV1688
Copyright © 2007 Black & Decker
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE UNIT.
SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will
result in death or serious injury.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not
avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
may result in minor or moderate injury.
Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous
situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
Some household dust contains chemicals known to the
State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm such as
asbestos and lead in lead based paint.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Do not
allow to be used as a toy.
• To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put unit or charging base in water or other
• Do not use Dustbuster
dry hand vacs to pick up liquids, toxic substances, flammable or
combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• Do not operate in the presence of explosives and/or flammable fumes or liquids.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or charger or after the appliance
malfunctions, is left outdoors, dropped into water or is damaged in any manner. Return the
appliance to any authorized service facility.
• Do not use Dustbuster
dry hand vacs outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Do not abuse the cord. Never carry the charger or base by the cord or yank to disconnect
from an outlet; instead grasp the charger and pull to disconnect. Keep cord away from
heated surfaces. Do not pull cord around sharp edges or corners.
• Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces. The unit
should be placed or mounted away from sinks and hot surfaces.
• Do not use an extension cord. Plug the charger directly into an electrical outlet.
• Use the charger only in a standard electrical outlet (120V/60Hz).
• Do not attempt to use the charger with any other product; do not attempt to charge this
product with any other charger. Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
• Do not insert accessories when unit is running.
• Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into unit openings. Do not use with any openings blocked; keep free
of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Do not vacuum burning or smoking materials, such as lit cigarette butts, matches or hot ashes.
• Do not use on or near hot surfaces.
• Use extra caution when cleaning on stairs.
• This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
• Unplug the charger from outlet before any routine cleaning or maintenance.
• This product includes rechargeable nickel cadmium batteries. Do not incinerate batteries
as they will explode at high temperatures.
• Leaks from battery cells can occur under extreme conditions. If the liquid, which is a 20-
35% solution of potassium hydroxide, gets on the skin (1) wash quickly with soap and
water or (2) neutralize with a mild acid such as lemon juice or vinegar. If the liquid gets into
the eyes, flush them immediately with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes. Seek
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
PRINTED IN CHINA
FORM NO. 90513719 REV.1 (JUN. '07)