Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
1. Spray nozzle
2. Water-fill opening
3. Dry/steam selector
4. Spray button
5. Steam button
6. Temperature-ready light
8. Pivoting cord
9. Fabric guide
10. Heel rest
11. Water tank
12. Fabric-select dial
13. Nonstick soleplate
How to Use
This appliance is intended for household use only.
GETTING ST RTED
1. Remove all labels, tags and stickers attached to the body, cord and soleplate of the
2. Remove and save literature.
3. If ironing dry, place appliance on its heel rest on a stable ironing board.
4. Uncoil cord and plug into standard electrical outlet.
Important: For optimum performance, let the iron stand for 90 seconds before beginning
TO FILL THE W TER T NK
Note: To refill iron at any time during ironing session, unplug iron and follow above
4. Plug in the iron. Temperature-ready light glows until iron has reached selected
5. For optimum performance, let the iron stand for 90 seconds before beginning to iron.
3-W Y UTO SHUTOFF
• Once the set temperature has been reached, the temperature-ready indicator light will
go out. llow iron to reheat completely before resuming ironing.
SELECTING F BRIC TEMPER TURE
1. Read fabric labels to help determine fabric type to be ironed.
Tip: If unsure of fabric's fiber content, test a small area (on the inside seam or hem) before
proceeding to iron the entire garment or cloth.
1. Place iron on flat surface with soleplate down.
2. Using a clean measuring cup, pour water into chamber opening
until water reaches the M X level mark on the side of the water tank
( ). To check the water level, stand the iron on its heel rest. Do not
Note: This iron can be filled with ordinary tap water or bottled spring
water. If your water is hard or soft, you may want to use distilled water.
Do not use water processed through a home softening system.
3. Stand the iron up on the heel rest.
The iron will automatically turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity
if left on its soleplate or on its side. If left vertically on its heel rest,
it will turn off after 8 minutes (B.)
• n audible beep sounds.
Important: The iron will have turned off, but will still be hot.
• Once you pick up the iron, an internal motion-sensitive detector is
activated and the iron starts heating again. The temperature ready
light will come on again to indicate the iron has been reactivated.
2. Once you determine the fabric type, turn the fabric-select dial
clockwise to select the appropriate fabric setting (C). (See fabric guide
on heel rest to help determine the setting.)
3. When the iron is heated, the light will go off; it then cycles on and off
4. Whenever temperature setting is changed to a higher setting, the light
will come until that temperature is reached.