3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
container (8 oz.) lemon-flavored
yogurt (regular or low-fat)
tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. With beaters in place, cream butter and sugar together in large
mixing bowl at low speed for 15 seconds, then medium speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add eggs, yogurt, lemon juice and peel; blend at low speed for 30 seconds, then at
medium speed for 30 seconds, occasionally scraping sides and bottom of the bowl.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt. Add to
creamed mixture and blend at low speed just until mixed, occasionally scraping sides and
bottom of the bowl.
4. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Place about 2
inches apart to allow for spreading.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets
immediately and cool on wire rack.
Makes: 22-24 (3-inch) muffin tops
cup butter or margarine, softened
container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. In large mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter. With beaters in
place, mix thoroughly at medium speed. Increase mixer speed to high and beat mixture
until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. At medium speed, beat in ricotta cheese, eggs and
vanilla until well blended.
2. In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add gradually to sugar
mixture on low speed.
3. With floured hands, roll about 1 tablespoon dough into ball. Dip ball into shredded
coconut. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes, or
until cookies are light brown and coconut just starts to brown. (Cookies will be soft.)
4. With spatula, remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
Makes: About 6 dozen cookies.
apples, pared, cored and thinly sliced
1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Gently stir together apples, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl.
2. With beaters in place, beat eggs in large mixing bowl at medium speed until frothy,
about 30 seconds, then at high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1-1/2 cups sugar gradually,
beating at high speed about 1-1/2 minutes, until thick and fluffy.
3. Add butter in a thin stream, beating constantly at medium speed for about 1 minute,
until well blended. Add vanilla; blend in at low speed for 10 seconds.
LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFIN TOPS
1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
FRESH APPLE BUNDT CAKE
cups all-purpose flour
cup poppy seeds
teaspoon baking soda
cups all-purpose flour
tablespoons baking powder
Shredded coconut for garnish
cup butter or margarine, melted
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder