Use the following guide for speed selections. NOTE: Start mixing at the lowest
speed and gradually increase as needed.
No other maintenance is required other than the care mentioned here. Repairs, if
necessary, must be performed by a Black & Decker Company-Owned or
Authorized Household Appliance Service Center. For the Service Center nearest
you, call the toll-free number on the cover of this manual.
1. Be sure the Speed Control Switch is in the OFF (O) position and the cord is
unplugged before cleaning any part of the Mixer. Eject the Beaters/Whisks.
2. The Beaters and Whisks may be washed in hot, sudsy water or in a
dishwasher. Dry all parts thoroughly before storing.
3. Clean the Mixer or cord with a damp cloth. Do not immerse the Mixer in
water. To remove stubborn spots, wipe surfaces with a cloth dampened in sudsy
water or a mild, non-abrasive cleaner. Follow with a clean, damp cloth. Do not
use abrasive cleaners on any part of the Mixer as they can damage the finish.
STORING THE MIXER
1. For longer life, avoid jerking the Power Cord or straining it at the plug
connection. To store, coil the Cord in loops and secure it with the attached cord
tie. Do not wrap the cord around the Mixer.
2. Store the Beater and Whisks in a drawer or in the original packaging.
1. For best results when beating egg whites, do not use an aluminum or plastic
bowl. Use a stainless steel, copper, or glass bowl.
2. For best results when whipping cream, chill the cream, Beaters, and bowl.
Start with setting #1 and gradually increase to WHIP (#5) as the cream thickens.
To blend flour/dry ingredients and liquids for
batters and cookie doughs. To blend nuts, chips,
raisins into cookie doughs.
To prepare sauces, puddings, muffins, and quick
breads. To stir thin batters.
To prepare batters and cake mixes. To cream
butter and sugar or mix eggs into batters.
To beat whole eggs, frozen desserts, frostings.
To mix light batters like popovers.
To whip fluffy mixtures, whipped cream, egg
whites, and mashed potatoes.
Use at any speed setting to get maximum power
for tough mixing tasks.
CARE AND CLEANING