Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
2. Release button
3. Upper body
4. Upper jaws
6. Lower jar supports
7. On/Off button
How to Use
This appliance is for household use only.
Important: For warranty verification, do not remove line cord sticker.
This appliance is for use in opening regular and vacuum-style screw-top jars.
1. Plug the cord into a standard wall outlet.
Note: The electrical cord is located at the back of the unit. It should be
plugged into a standard wall outlet that is located close behind where the unit
is placed. Do not attempt to plug in by bringing the electrical cord through the
interior of the Jar Opener.
2. To open a jar, place one or two hands on the Jar Opener Handle, and with
thumb, push back the Release Button; the Upper Body of the Opener will
release and rise slightly.
3. Gently pull up the Upper Body of the Opener until it
clicks and locks into place in the raised position (A).
4. Check to see if the Lower Jar Supports are in the
farthest open position. If they are not, place your hand
on the edge of the Turntable and turn to the left (B).
Place the jar in the center of the Turntable.
Note: We recommend removing the paper or plastic
neckbands from jars before placing on the Turntable to
5. Hold the Handle and push back the Release Button to
gently lower the Upper Body until it rests on the top of
6. Press and hold the On/Off Button. A set of Upper Jaws
will rotate and then move in to grab the jar lid. At the
same time, the Turntable will begin to move the Lower
Jar Supports toward the jar to hold it securely (C).
Note: For vacuum-sealed jars, you will hear a popping
sound, indicating that the jar is open. For screw-top
jars, allow about one full turn of the jar or about 10
7. To remove the jar, press the Release Button and use the
Handle to lift the Upper Body. The Upper Jaws will
automatically move away to release the jar. Turn the
Turntable to the left to release the Lower Jar Supports
and remove the jar with loosened lid.
8. To re-open a jar that has been stored in the
refrigerator, wipe the moisture from the lid
and the jar before placing on the Turntable.