ACCESSORIES (order separately):
Capillary compression fittings.
Part No. 104484A: l/2
in. NPT spud.
Part No. 1044848: 314 in. NPT spud.
Immersion well. Pressure rating 255 psi [1760 kPa].
Part No. 45900409-0038:
in. BSPT spud,
1 in. insulation, 3-l /2 in. insertion.
l-l /2 in. insulation, 3 in. insertion.
l-1 /2 in. insulation, 3 in. insertion.
(specify when ordering):
0 High or low limit stop (models with knob only).
0 Mounting bracket (remote bulb models only).
WHEN INSTALLING THIS PRODUCT.
1. Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow
them could damage the product or cause a hazardous
2. Check the ratings given in the instructions and on
the product to make sure the product is suitable for
3. Installer must be a trained, experienced
4. After installation is complete, check out product
operation as provided in these instructions.
must be inside an en-
closure that meets local electrical codes.
of the temperature
The tapping should be located at a
point where average system temperature will be mea-
sured. Never locate the sensing element close to a hot
or cold water inlet or a steam coil, or where the well's
pressure rating will be exceeded.
Turn off power and, if the system is filled, drain to a
point below the boiler tapping or wherever the sensing
is to be located.
If no tapping is provided,
prepare one, properly threaded, at the desired location.
If this is a remote bulb unit, the controller case can be
mounted in a panel or, with the optional bracket, on any
Choose a location within reach of the
sensing element. Allow for gradual bends and some
slack in the capillary.
MOUNT THE IMMERSION
1. Coat the well threads with a moderate amount of
pipe dope, leaving two end theads bare. Teflon tape
may also be used.
2. Screw the immersion well into the tapping and
3. Refill the system. Check for and correct any leaks.
OF PIPE COMPOUND
TO INSTALL DIRECT MOUNT
1. Slide the sensing bulb all the way into the well. The
metal collar around the capillary should slip into the
2. Line up the case so the setting indicator is on top.
in the well spud snugly
against the metal collar.
BY THE SETSCREW
IN THE WELL
TO MOUNT REMOTE BULB
INSERT SENSING BULB IN WELL
1. Slide sensing bulb into well. Make sure bulb rests
against the bottom of the well. Don't bend the capillary
where it connects to the bulb.
2. Hold bulb in place and tighten setscrew all the way
down. It won't fit tight against the capillary, but it will
keep the bulb from sliding out
KEEPS THE REMOTE SEN-
SING BULB IN THE WELL.