No special tools are required to install the L482A Low Limit
Controller. Refer to the job drawings for specific wiring and
When Installing this Product...
1. Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow them
could damage the product or cause a hazardous
2. Check ratings given in instructions and on the product to
ensure the product is suitable for your application.
3. Installer must be a trained, experienced service
4. After installation is complete, check out product
operation as provided in these instructions.
1. The controller operates from the lowest temperature
along the entire 20 feet of the sensing element.
2. Locate controller case and bellows where ambient
temperature is always warmer than the set point.
3. For settings above the scale range midpoint it can be
necessary to locate the controller case close to a
steam pipe or other warm surface and make sure the
element does not extend across a cold surface.
Surface mount the controller (Fig. 1) vertically on any
convenient location (including the duct itself). Orient the case
with the bellows positioned on the bottom.
® U.S. Registered Trademark
Copyright © 2004 Honeywell International Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Low Limit Controller
20 FT BY 1/8 INCH
3/8 X 3/16
(10 X 5)
Fig. 1. L482A Low Limit Controller dimensions in in. (mm).
7/8 (22) HOLE
FOR 1/2 CONDUIT
WITH 1-3/32 (28)
FOR 3/4 CONDUIT
996-496 Rev. A