Operating your air conditioner properly helps you to obtain the
best possible results.
This section explains proper air conditioner operation.
- If you turn off the air conditioner, wait at least 3 minutes before
turning it back on. This keeps the air conditioner from blowing a
fuse or tripping a circuit breaker.
Do not try to operate your air conditioner in the Cool mode when
is below 61°F (16°C). The inside evapora-
tor coil will freeze up, and the air conditioner will not operate
NOTE: In the event of a power failure, your air conditioner will
operate at the previous settings when the power is restored.
runs only when cooling is needed. Press
SPEED to select High, Med or Low fan speed.
Because the fan does not circulate the room air continuously,
less energy is used, but the room air is not circulated as often.
the room. The air conditioner automatically
selects the temperature.
Fan runs on Low speed only.
NOTE: Dry mode should not be used to cool the room.
1. Remove the clear plastic film from the control panel.
2. Press POWER to turn on the air conditioner. The Power
indicator light will turn on.
NOTE: After 5 seconds, display will show the current room
3. Select mode. See "Mode."
4. Select fan speed. See "Fan Speed."
5. Set temperature. See "Temperature."
1. Press MODE until you see the indicator light glow for the de-
2. Choose Fan, Cool, Energy Saver or Dry.
the fan runs. Press SPEED to select High, Med
or Low fan speed. The display shows the current room
the room. Press SPEED to select High, Med
or Low fan speed. Press the TEMP/TIME
up or down
arrow button to adjust the temperature.
NOTE: In Dry mode, the Speed button will not operate.
1. Press SPEED until you see the indicator light glow for
the desired setting.
2. Choose High, Med or Low.