Failure to strictly adhere to the requirements in this manual may result in personal injury, property damage and affect your ability to make a claim under the AEG manufacturer’s warranty provided with your product. Products must be used, installed and operated in accordance with this manual.
13. WARRANTY ......................23 FOR PERFECT RESULTS Thank you for choosing this AEG product. We have created it to give you impeccable performance for many years, with innovative technologies that help make life simpler features you might not find on ordinary appliances. Please spend a few minutes reading to get the very best from it.
ENGLISH usage. Always keep the instructions in a safe and accessible location for future reference. 1.1 Children and vulnerable people safety This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 • years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a...
CAUTION: The cooking process has to be supervised. • A short term cooking process has to be supervised continuously. WARNING: Danger of fire: Do not store items on the • cooking surfaces. Metallic objects such as knives, forks, spoons and lids •...
ENGLISH • Do not install or use a damaged • Do not let the electricity mains cable appliance. tangle. • Follow the installation instructions • Make sure that a shock protection is supplied with the appliance. installed. • Keep the minimum distance from •...
• Make sure that the ventilation • Do not activate the cooking zones openings are not blocked. with empty cookware or without • Do not let the appliance stay cookware. unattended during operation. • Do not put aluminium foil on the •...
ENGLISH 4. INSTALLATION WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 4.1 Before the installation Before you install the hob, write down the information bellow from the rating plate. The rating plate is on the bottom of the hob. Serial number ......4.2 Built-in hobs Only use the built-in hobs after you assemble the hob into correct built-in min.
5. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION 5.1 Cooking surface layout Induction cooking zone Control panel Flexible induction cooking area consisting of four sections 5.2 Control panel layout To see the control panel and the zone positions activate the appliance with Use the sensor fields to operate the appliance. The displays, indicators and sounds tell which functions operate.
ENGLISH Sensor Function Comment field PowerSlide To activate and deactivate the function. Control bar To set a heat setting. PowerBoost To activate the function. Lock / Child Safety Device To lock / unlock the control panel. 5.3 OptiHeat Control (3 step The induction cooking zones produce the heat necessary for the cooking Residual heat indicator)
The control bar blinks for the second half of that time. If you Heat setting The hob deacti- place the pot on the cooking zone again vates after within this time, the heat setting reactivates. Otherwise the cooking zone 4 hours deactivates.
ENGLISH The function starts automatically after 4 Touch to activate the function for the seconds. cooking zone. When you set the function, you can The function deactivates automatically. remove the pot. For maximum duration When the time comes to an end, a signal values, refer to "Technical sounds and flashes.
The control bars disappear. Deactivate hood. Both the hob and the hood have the hob. an infrared signal communicator. Speed of the fan is defined automatically on the When you deactivate the basis of the mode setting and hob, the function is still temperature of the hottest cookware on active.
ENGLISH time the system deactivates the fan automatically and prevents you from an Auto- Boiling Frying accidental activation of the fan for the matic next 30 seconds. light To operate the hood directly Mode H6 on the hood panel speed 2 speed 3 deactivate the automatic 1) The hob detects the boiling process and acti-...
When you switch between mode light up, and they are linked with the modes the heat setting shorter illuminated lines. You can set the is set back to 0. heat setting for each zone separately.
ENGLISH Use two left side control bars. Correct cookware position: Correct cookware position: To use this mode you have to place the cookware on the four connected To use this mode you have to place the sections. If you use cookware smaller cookware on the three connected than three sections the control bar blinks sections.
You can place the cookware in • If you place the pot in the middle the front, middle or rear position. If you position, lights up on the control place the cookware in the front you get panel. The control bar displays the the highest heat setting.
ENGLISH Cookware dimensions • hissing, buzzing: the fan operates. The noises are normal and do not Induction cooking zones adapt to the indicate any malfunction. dimension of the bottom of the cookware automatically. 8.3 Öko Timer (Eco Timer) The cooking zone efficiency is related to To save energy, the heater of the the diameter of the cookware.
(e.g. with the which work with this function refer to our hand, a cookware handle or a tall consumer website. The AEG cooker pot). See the picture. hoods that work with this function must The hood in the picture is only have the symbol exemplary.
ENGLISH • Always use cookware with a clean otherwise, the dirt can cause damage base. to the hob. Take care to avoid burns. • Scratches or dark stains on the surface Use a special hob scraper on the glass have no effect on how the hob surface at an acute angle and move operates.
Problem Possible cause Remedy You cannot select the maxi- The other zones consume Reduce the heat setting of mum heat setting for one of the maximum available pow- the other cooking zones the cooking zones. connected to the same Your hob works properly.
ENGLISH Problem Possible cause Remedy The diameter of the bottom Use cookware with a diame- of the cookware is incorrect ter applicable to the activa- for the activated function or ted function or function function mode. mode. Use cookware with a diameter smaller than 160 mm on a single section of the flexible induction cook-...
• When you heat up water, use only the food warm or to melt it. amount you need. 13. WARRANTY FOR SALES IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW d) ‘AEG’ is the brand controlled by ZEALAND Electrolux Home Products Pty Ltd of 163 O’Riordan Street, ALL AEG BRANDED APPLIANCES...
– misuse or abuse, including remedies under a law to which the failure to properly maintain or Appliances or services relate, service; including any non-excludable – improper, negligent or faulty statutory guarantees in Australia and servicing or repair works done New Zealand.
Important Notice Before calling for service, please ensure that the steps listed in clause 8 above have been followed. SERVICE AUSTRALIA aeg.com/au FOR SERVICE FOR SPARE PARTS or to find the address of your nearest au- or to find the address of your nearest spare...