IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic
precautions should be observed, including
Read all instructions before using your
To reduce the risk of
fire, electric shock, or injury:
Do not immerse.
Use only on surfaces moistened by
Always connect to a properly grounded outlet.
See Grounding Instructions.
Unplug from outlet when not in use and before
conducting maintenance or troubleshooting.
Do not leave machine when it is plugged in.
Do not service machine when it is plugged in.
Do not use with damaged cord or plug.
If appliance is not working as it should, has
been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or
dropped into water, have it repaired at an
authorized Service Center.
Use Indoors only.
Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a
handle, close door on cord, pull cord around
sharp corners or edges, run appliance over
cord, or expose cord to heated surfaces.
Do not carry the appliance while in use.
Do not unplug by pulling on cord. Unplug by
grasping the plug, not the cord.
Do not handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
Do not put any object into appliance openings,
use with blocked opening, or restrict air flow.
Do not expose hair, loose clothing, fingers
or body parts to openings or moving parts.
Do not pick up hot or burning objects.
Do not pick up flammable or combustible materials
(lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, etc.) or use in the
presence of explosive liquids or vapor.
Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled
with vapors given off by oil base paint, paint thinner,
some moth proofing substances, flammable dust, or
other explosive or toxic vapors.
Do not pick up toxic material (chlorine bleach,
ammonia, drain cleaner, gasoline, etc.).
Do not modify the 3-prong grounded plug.
Do not allow to be used as a toy.
Do not use for any purpose other than
described in this User's Guide.
Do not operate the appliance unless the belt door
is securely assembled in the location provided.
Use only manufacturer's recommended
Use only cleaning products formulated by
BISSELL for use in this appliance.
Keep openings free of dust, lint, hair, etc.
Keep appliance on a level surface.
Turn off all controls before unplugging.
Be extra careful when cleaning stairs.
Close attention is necessary when used by
or near children.
WARNING: The power cord in this product
contains lead, a chemical known to the State of
California to cause birth defects or other reproductive
harm. Wash hands after handling.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
THIS MODEL IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
Commercial use of this unit voids the
This appliance must be connected to a grounded
wiring system. If it should malfunction or break
down, grounding provides a safe path of least
resistance for electrical current, reducing the risk
of electrical shock. The cord for this appliance
has an equipment-grounding conductor and a
grounding plug. It must only be plugged into an
outlet that is properly installed and grounded in
accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
of the equipment-grounding conductor can
result in a risk of electrical shock. Check
with a qualified electrician or service person
if you aren't sure if the outlet is properly
grounded. DO NOT MODIFY THE PLUG. If
it will not fit the outlet, have a proper
outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
This appliance is designed for use on a
nominal 120-volt circuit, and has a
grounding attachment plug that looks like
the plug in the drawing above. Make cer-
tain that the appliance is connected to an
outlet having the same configuration as
the plug. No plug adapter should be used