Example of discs that the player
The player cannot play the following discs:
• All CD-ROMs (including PHOTO CDs)/
CD-Rs/CD-RWs other than those recorded
in the following formats:
– music CD format
– video CD format
– MP3 format that conforms to ISO9660*
Level 1/Level 2, or its extended format,
• Data part of CD-Extras
• DVD-RWs in VR mode
• DVD Audio discs
• HD layer on Super Audio CDs
• Super VCDs in PAL format
* A logical format of files and folders on CD-
ROMs, defined by ISO (International Standard
Also, the player cannot play the following
• A DVD with a different region code.
• A disc recorded in a color system other than
NTSC, such as PAL or SECAM (this player
conforms to the NTSC color system).
• A disc that has a non-standard shape (e.g.,
• A disc with paper or stickers on it.
• A disc that has the adhesive of cellophane
tape or a sticker still left on it.
• Notes about DVD-RWs/DVD-Rs, DVD+RWs/
DVD+Rs or CD-Rs/CD-RWs
Some DVD-RWs/DVD-Rs, DVD+RWs/
DVD+Rs, or CD-Rs/CD-RWs cannot be played
on this player due to the recording quality or
physical condition of the disc, or the
characteristics of the recording device and
The disc will not play if it has not been correctly
finalized. For more information, see the operating
instructions for the recording device. Note that
discs created in the Packet Write format cannot be
• Music discs encoded with copyright protection
This product is designed to playback discs that
conform to the Compact Disc (CD) standard.
Recently, various music discs encoded with
copyright protection technologies are marketed
by some record companies. Please be aware that
among those discs, there are some that do not
conform to the CD standard and may not be
playable by this product.
Note on playback operations of
DVDs and VIDEO CDs
Some playback operations of DVDs and
VIDEO CDs may be intentionally set by
software producers. Since this player plays
DVDs and VIDEO CDs according to the disc
contents the software producers designed,
some playback features may not be available.
Also, refer to the instructions supplied with
the DVDs or VIDEO CDs.
This product incorporates copyright
protection technology that is protected by
method claims of certain U.S. patents, other
intellectual property rights owned by
Macrovision Corporation, and other rights
owners. Use of this copyright protection
technology must be authorized by
Macrovision Corporation, and is intended for
home and other limited viewing uses only
unless otherwise authorized by Macrovision
Corporation. Reverse engineering or
disassembly is prohibited.
Notes about the Discs
• To keep the disc clean, handle the disc by its
edge. Do not touch the surface.
• Do not expose the disc to direct sunlight or
heat sources such as hot air ducts, or leave it
in a car parked in direct sunlight as the
temperature may rise considerably inside
• After playing, store the disc in its case.
• Clean the disc with a cleaning cloth.
Wipe the disc from the center out.
• Do not use solvents such as benzine,
thinner, commercially available cleaners, or
anti-static spray intended for vinyl LPs.