Digital Cinema Sound Settings
VIRTUAL SEMI MULTI DIMENSION
Uses 3D sound imaging to create virtual rear speakers
from the sound of the front speakers (L, R) without using
actual rear speakers. This mode creates 5 sets of virtual
speakers surrounding the listener at a 30˚ angle of
You can select "VES" directly
Press VES on the player. Each time you press the button, the item
• When you select an item, the sound cuts off for a moment.
• When the playing signal does not contain the surround
component, the effects may be difficult to hear even if you
select "VES TV," "VES A," "VES B" or "VIRTUAL SEMI MULTI
• Set the front speakers to form an equilateral triangle with the
listening position at the top, or the effects may be difficult to
hear even if you select "VES A," "VES B" or "VIRTUAL SEMI
• When you select "VES TV," "VES A," "VES B" or "VIRTUAL
SEMI MULTI DIMENSION," set the surround settings of the
connected units, such as the amplifier, to OFF.
Checking the Play
You can check information such as the bit rate or the disc
layer that is being played.
While playing a disc, the approximate bit rate of the
playback picture is always displayed as Mbps (Mega bit
per second) and the audio as kbps (kilo bit per second).
Select "ADVANCED" after pressing DISPLAY.
1 2 3
1 2 ( 2 7 )
1 8 ( 3 4 )
C 0 1 : 3 2 : 5 5
The default setting is underlined.
When playing a DVD
• BIT RATE: displays the bit rate.
• LAYER: displays the layer and the pick-up point.
• OFF: turns off the ADVANCED display.
Displays of each item
By pressing DISPLAY repeatedly, you can display either
"BIT RATE" or "LAYER," whichever was selected in