• If you add numbers (01, 02, 03, etc.) to the front
of the file names, the files will be played in that
• To play a complex hierarchy of folders may take
some time. Create albums with no more than two
• Set "MEDIA" to "PHOTO/MUSIC" to repeat
both music and photo files. See "Playing
repeatedly (Repeat Play)" page 22.
• Some video, photo, and music files may not play,
depending on the encoding/recording condition.
• To start playback and proceed to the next or
another album may take some time.
• The player cannot play music files in mp3PRO or
WMA Pro format.
• If the playing time of either music or photo is
longer, the longer one continues without sound or
• To display Progressive photo files or photo files
of 3,000,000 pixels or more may take time and the
duration may seem longer than your selected
• The player will recognize a maximum of 200
albums, regardless of the selected mode. It can
recognize up to 300 music files and 300 photo
files when "PHOTO/MUSIC" is selected, 600
music files when "MUSIC" is selected, 600 photo
files when "PHOTO" is selected, and 600 video
files when "VIDEO" is selected.
• The player may not play a combination of two or
more video files.
• The player cannot play a video file of size more
than 720 (width) × 576 (height)/2 GB.
• The player may not play certain video files that
are longer than 3 hours.
• Depending on the file, normal playback may not
be possible. The picture may be unclear, playback
may not appear smooth, the sound may skip, etc.
You are recommended to create the file at a lower
• The player may not playback the high bit rate
video file on the DATA CD smoothly. You are
recommended to playback using DATA DVD.
• When playing visual data that is not supported by
MPEG-4 format, only sound will be heard.
Your player has a region code printed on the
back of the unit and only will play
commercial DVDs (playback only) labelled
with identical region codes. This system is
used to protect copyrights.
Commercial DVDs labelled
play on this player.
Depending on the commercial DVD, there
may be no region code indication, even
though playing the commercial DVD is
prohibited by area restrictions.
• Notes about recordable media
• Music discs encoded with copyright protection
• For player that cannot play images that
• Note on DualDiscs
Some recordable media cannot be played on this
player due to the recording quality or physical
condition of the disc, or the characteristics of the
recording device and authoring software.
The disc will not play if it has not been correctly
finalized. For more information, refer to the
operating instructions for the recording device.
Note that some playback functions may not work
with some DVD+RWs/DVD+Rs/DVD+R DLs,
even if they have been correctly finalized. In this
case, view the disc by normal playback. Also
some DATA discs created in Packet Write format
cannot be played.
This product is designed to playback discs that
conform to the Compact Disc (CD) standard.
Various music discs encoded with copyright
protection technologies are marketed by some
record companies. Please be aware that among
those discs, there are some that do not conform to
the CD standard and may not be playable by this
contain a copy protection only
Images in DVD-VR mode with CPRM*
protection may not be played if they contain a
copy protection signal, "Copyright lock" appears
on the screen.
* CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable
Media) is a coding technology that protects the
copyright of images.
A DualDisc is a two sided disc product which
mates DVD recorded material on one side with
digital audio material on the other side.
However, since the audio material side does not
conform to the Compact Disc (CD) standard,
playback on this product is not guaranteed.