The latest manuals and FAQs are available at the Brother Solutions Center: support.brother.com
Please read the Product Safety Guide, located later in this document before you set up your machine.
Unpack the machine and check the components
The components included in the box may differ depending on your country.
Micro USB 3.0
Prepare your machine
Connect the AC adapter
(Example for Singapore).
Configure your machine (ADS-1700W only)
• Select language
(Settings) > Initial Setup > Local Language.
• Set Date & Time
(Settings) > Initial Setup > Date & Time.
Quick Setup Guide
WARNING indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in
death or serious injuries.
• This product is packaged in a plastic bag. To avoid
suffocation, keep plastic bags away from babies and
children. The bag is not a toy.
• Use only the AC adapter supplied with this product.
• We recommend saving the original packaging in case
you must ship your machine.
• To establish a local connection to a computer, use
a micro USB 2.0 or micro USB 3.0 cable.
• See the Online User's Guide for more details.
• Use of a micro USB 3.0 cable to scan in Bus Power
Mode is recommended (ADS-1200).
Secure Network Access
Your machine's default password is initpass. We
recommend you change it to protect your machine from
Open the Top Cover.
• Not all models are available in all
• Unless otherwise specified,
illustrations in this guide show the
Before loading documents into the
Automatic Document Feeder (ADF),
fan the paper and stagger the pages
as shown in the illustration on the
machine's Top Cover.
ASA Version A