Connecting External Switches
External switches used with Door/Window Sensors allow
you to protect doors and windows when there is inadequate
room for directly mounting the sensor or when you want to
locate the Door/Window Sensor in an adjacent but less visi-
Figure 4. External Switch Terminal
Materials and Tools Needed
Hermetically sealed external switches (sealed reed
switch) that supply a minimum 250 millisecond open on
alarm (only normally closed circuits can be used on this
4.7 k ohm EOL resistor
Stranded 22-gauge wire
Small wire cutters
1. Install the magnet on the opening edge of the door or
movable part of a window.
2. Position the switch on the door or window frame within
2.5 cm of the magnet.
3. Install a 4.7 k ohm EOL resistor in series with the exter-
nal switch at the switch location, not at the sensor.
4. Remove the sensor cover.
5. Pass the wires on the external switch through the rear
opening at the bottom of the sensor.
6. Attach each wire to one side of the screw terminal. Use
no more than 3 meters of wire.
7. Press the screw terminal over the wire posts.
8. Mount the sensor.
The following steps describe the general guidelines for pro-
gramming (learning) the sensor into panel memory. Refer to
the specific panel installation instructions or reference man-
ual for complete programming details.
1. Set the panel to program mode.
2. Proceed to the LEARN SENSORS menu.
3. Trip the sensor tamper switch by removing the sensor
4. Select the appropriate sensor group and sensor number
5. Exit program mode.
The sensor test verifies good communication between the
detector and panel.
1. Put panel/receiver into sensor test mode (see panel/
2. Open the door the sensor is protecting. The sensor
3. Listen for siren beeps to determine appropriate response
4. Close panel cover.
Model No.: 60-xxx
Frequency: 900 MHz
Compatibility: GE Interlogix 900 MHz AM Control Panels/
Battery Type: 3.0 V, 1300 mAh lithium (1 or 2)
Recommended Battery: Duracell DL123A, Panasonic CR123A,
Typical Standby Current (µA): 3
Estimated Battery Life (at 20° C): 8 years (one battery);
15 years (two batteries)
Supervisory Interval: 6.5 minutes
Typical RF Output Power (mW): 250
Operating Temperature: 0° to 49° C (32° to 120° F)
Storage Temperature: -34° to 60° C (-30° to 140° F)
Relative Humidity: 0 - 90% non-condensing
Dimensions (mm): 45 x 115 x 31 (L x W x H)
Weight (g): 88
This device complies with FCC Rules Part 15. Operation is
subject to the following two conditions.
This device may not cause harmful interference.
This device must accept any interference that may be
received, including interference that may cause undesired
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by GE
Interlogix can void the user's authority to operate the equip-
FCC ID: B4Z-824-DWS
receiver installation instructions).
transmits a test signal.
(refer to the panel/receiver Installation Instructions).
)Ã'&&& % #