9. Test operation. If the chime does not work, see
If you do not want to drill holes in your door frame, you
can use the supplied double sided tape for installation.
1. Clean all mounting surfaces with a 50/50 mixture of
2. Remove the backing from one side of the double
sided tape and press the exposed side against the
back plate of the push button.
3. Remove the other backing strip and press the
exposed side against the door frame where you want
the button installed.
1. Plug the chime into a 120V AC outlet and slide the
power switch to the “On” position to turn on the
chime. The red LED power indicator will light.
2. Gently press transmitter button to sound chime.
Chime doesn’t work:
1. Make sure push button switch is depressed and held
for at least 1 second.
2. Make sure house code switches 1-4 on chime and
push button match exactly.
3. Verify battery orientation in push button.
4. Try fresh batteries.
5. Make sure chime is not farther than 150 feet away
from push button.
6. Ensure push button is not mounted on metal, near
metal studs, or near the floor.
7. Try a new location for the chime.
Functional range may be adversely affected by one or
more of the following factors: weather, radio frequency
interference, low transmitter battery and obstructions
between the transmitter and receiver.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules.
Operation is subject to the following conditions:
1. This device may not cause harmful interference, and
2. This device must accept interference received,
including any interference that may cause undesired
For technical support contact Jasco Products
Company at 1-800-654-8483