The PS one
console can be used in a vehicle when connected to an LCD
screen (for PS one
) and SCPH-170
separately). For safe operation, follow these precautions:
• Before using the console in a vehicle, carefully read the instruction
manual supplied with the car adaptor (for PS one
• Never use the console while operating a vehicle or when seated in the
front passenger seat. Only backseat passengers should use this
• Make sure that the product and its parts, such as the car adaptor cord,
do not interfere in any way with the driver's operation of the vehicle.
• Do not use the console in such a way that it could distract the driver.
• Observe all laws governing the use of portable devices in vehicles.
• Make sure that the console will not interfere with the air bag or cause
injury if the air bag system is deployed.
• Do not leave the console or LCD screen in a vehicle with its windows
closed, as this could damage these products.
• Do not leave the car adaptor plugged in when the vehicle is not in use.
• Never leave children unattended in a vehicle, whether playing with
the PS one
console or not.
This product has been designed with the highest concern for safety.
However, any electrical device, if used improperly, has the potential for
causing fire, electrical shock or personal injury. To ensure accident-free
operation, be sure to follow these guidelines:
• Observe all warnings, precautions and instructions.
• Stop use immediately if the device functions in an abnormal manner,
or produces unusual sounds or smells.
• Do not touch the AC adaptor with wet hands.
• Do not touch or ingest any fluid leaking from a damaged LCD screen
(for PS one
). If any fluid gets into the eyes or mouth, flush with water
and consult a physician immediately.
• If the device does not function properly, contact our technical support
line at 1-800-345-7669 for assistance.
car adaptor (for PS one
To help prevent eye strain:
• Take a break of about 15 minutes during every hour of play.
• Do not play a game when you are tired or short of sleep.
• Play in a well-lit room and keep a safe distance from the LCD screen.
When using headphones with the LCD screen, turn the volume down as
far as it will go before putting on the headphones. Adjust the volume as
necessary after the game or audio CD has started.
Listening to loud sounds for an extended period of time can have a
harmful effect on one's hearing. This is especially true when using
headphones. When using headphones, keep the volume at a moderate
level to avoid harming your ears. If you experience a ringing in your ears,
turn the volume down or stop use of the headphones.
Avoid prolonged physical contact with the LCD screen or AC adaptor as
this may cause low temperature burns.
Use and handling
Failure to follow the precautions below may result in damage to the LCD
screen (for PS one
), the PS one
• Operate the LCD screen only on 120V AC, 60 Hz.
• Never disassemble or modify the LCD screen or AC adaptor.
• Do not expose the LCD screen or AC adaptor to high temperatures,
high humidity, or direct sunlight, or to extreme cold (use in an
environment where temperatures range 5°C-35°C/41°F-95°F).
• Do not use the LCD screen in a dusty location.
• Do not block the air vents or wrap up the LCD screen, as doing so may
cause heat to build up internally.
• Do not use the LCD screen on a rug or carpet.
• Do not allow liquid or small particles to get into the LCD screen.
• Do not put heavy objects on the LCD screen or AC adaptor.
• Do not throw or drop the LCD screen or AC adaptor, or subject either
item to strong physical shock.
• Do not shake the LCD screen while in use, or subject it to vibration.
console or the disc in use.