The AC receptacles are protected by an AC circuit
breaker. The DC receptacles are protected by a DC circuit
breaker. If the generator is overloaded or an external
short circuit occurs, the circuit breaker will trip. If this
occurs, disconnect all electrical loads to determine the
cause of the problem before using the generator again.
Reduce the load if the circuit breaker is tripped.
tripping of the circuit breaker may cause
damage to generator or equipment.
Push the button of the breaker to reset the circuit
Remove Contents from Carton
1. Open carton completely by cutting each corner
from top to bottom.
2. Remove and verify carton contents prior to assem-
bly. Carton contents should contain the following:
3. Call Customer Service at 1-888-331-4569 with the
unit model and serial number for any missing car-
4. Record model, serial number, and date of purchase
on front cover of this manual.
Add Engine Oil
CAUTION: Engine damage. Verify proper type
and quantity of engine oil prior to starting
engine. Failure to do so could result in engine
NOTE: The generator is shipped without oil in the engine.
Add oil slowly and verify oil level often during filling process
to ensure overfilling does not occur.
1. Place generator on a level surface.
2. Clean area around oil fill and oil drain plug.
3. Remove oil fill cap and wipe dipstick clean.
4. Insert funnel into oil fill opening. Add recom-
mended engine oil as necessary. Climate deter-
mines proper engine oil viscosity. See chart to select
NOTE: Use petroleum based oil (supplied) for engine break-
in before using synthetic oil.
5. To check oil level, remove funnel and insert dipstick
into oil filler neck.
6. Remove dipstick and verify oil level is within safe
NOTE: Verify oil level often during filling process to ensure
overfilling does not occur.
7. Install oil fill cap/dipstick and hand-tighten.
DANGER: Explosion and Fire. Fuel and vapors
are extremely flammable and explosive. Add
fuel in a well ventilated area. Keep fire and
spark away. Failure to do so will result in death
or serious injury. (000105)
DANGER: Explosion and Fire. Do not overfill fuel
tank. Fill to 1/2 inch from top of tank to allow
for fuel expansion. Overfilling may cause fuel
to spill onto engine causing fire or explosion
which will result in death or serious injury.