Honda Dealer: Please give a copy of these instructions to your customer.
Installation Instructions URL
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES REQUIRED
Box-end wrench (10 mm)
Long nose pliers
Dish soap solution
(Water : Dish soap / 100 : 1)
Tighten all screws, bolts, and nuts to their specified
torque values. Refer to the Service Manual for the torque
values of the removed parts.
© 2018 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
• To prevent burns, allow the engine, exhaust system,
radiator, etc., to cool before installing the accessory.
• Be extremely careful when installing the spring as
the combined tension of the spring is very strong.
• Keep the motorcycle on its side stand when installing
• The spring installation should be performed by two
people. While one person holds the motorcycle,
another person installs the spring.
Remove the left saddlebag guard cover as shown.
2. Remove the screw as shown.
1 of 3