Upgrade Kit for ALD on MMB-3 Main Motherboard
The Model MMB3-ALD-UK Upgrade Kit provides
the user with the materials to upgrade the ALD
firmware on the MMB-3 main motherboard.
To upgrade the MMB-3 with new ALD firmware,
remove the old U8 IC and replace it with the new
U8 (P/N 161-549335) following the steps listed
1. Remove all connections to MMB-3, including
power and battery.
Remove all system power before
installation, first battery and then AC.
2. Locate the IC to be upgraded on the MMB-3.
(Refer to Figure 1.) The IC has a label attached
to the top surface that indicates the IC number
and the software revision currently installed.
Make certain that the IC number on the module
corresponds to the IC number in the
3. Note where and how the IC is positioned on the
module. Refer to Figure 1 to note position of
notched corner on U8.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Building Technologies Division
Florham Park, NJ
4. Remove the old IC (U8) with the Extraction Tool
provided. Do this by lifting one end of the IC
slightly, then the other end. Continue this process
until the IC comes free.
5. Remove the new IC from the upgrade kit. Be
careful to avoid static discharge.
Place the new IC in the same pin location on
the socket as the one that was removed. If the
IC is installed incorrectly, severe damage to
the module can occur.
6. Gently place the new IC in the same pin location
on the socket as the one removed.
Be sure that the notched corner of U8 is
positioned correctly. Check that the IC is
properly seated in the sockets and that all
the IC pins are properly aligned with the
7. Discard the old IC.
8. Re-install all connection to the MMB-3.
9. Re-install all power connections to the MMB-3.
10. Power up the system, AC first, then battery.
Siemens Building Technologies, Ltd.
Fire Safety & Security Products
2 Kenview Boulevard
L6T 5E4 Canada