OPERATING THE CONTROL PANEL cont.
4. Once you have set the correct time to begin the automatic brewing and the clock
has returned to the time of day, press the Auto On button.
5. The Auto Brew can be cancelled at any time by pressing the Auto On button a
second time. The Auto On light goes out. To check what time the Auto Brew is set
for, push in the Set Auto button and the time will be displayed.
1-4 CUP BUTTON
This special cycle optimizes the ﬂavor when brewing 1 to 4 cups of coﬀee, but it can
also be used to increase the brew strength of any number of cups you are brewing.
Push the START/STOP button to start the appliance, and then push the 1-4 CUP
button once and both the START/STOP and 1-4 CUP indicators will illuminate, showing
that the strong brewing option is activated.
NOTE: The 1-4 Cup button must be pushed after the START/STOP button is pressed.
If not, the function of the 1-4 Cup will not be activated. The coﬀeemaker will shut itself
oﬀ after 2 hours and signal shutoﬀ with 5 long beeps.
ALWAYS UNPLUG the coﬀeemaker from the electric outlet before cleaning.
The exterior of the coﬀeemaker, the control panel area and the warming plate should
only be cleaned with a soft damp cloth.
WARNING: NEVER immerse the coﬀeemaker in water or any liquid.
WARNING: DO NOT clean the warming plate unless it is completely
cool. DO NOT use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads.
To clean the inside of the water reservoir, raise the one-piece cover and allow it to rest
in the open position. Pull the water spreader hose out from under the guide on the
underside of the cover (See Fig. 2), wipe surfaces with a damp cloth, replace water
spreader hose under guide, and close cover. Do not use abrasive cleansers or
A damaged carafe may result in possible burns from a hot liquid.
To avoid breaking:
1. DO NOT allow all liquid to evaporate from the carafe while on the warming plate
and never heat the glass carafe when empty.
2. DISCARD the carafe if chipped, cracked, or damaged in any manner.
3. NEVER use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers; they will scratch and weaken
4. DO NOT place the carafe on or near a gas or electric burner, in a heated oven,
or in a microwave oven.
5. Avoid rough handling and sharp blows.
6. DO NOT set a hot carafe down on a wet or cold surface.
CARE AND CLEANING