When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
READ all instructions.
2. DO NOT touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against ﬁre, electric shock and injury to persons, DO NOT immerse
cord, plug, or the coﬀeemaker in water or other liquids.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
5. ALWAYS UNPLUG coﬀeemaker from power outlet before cleaning, and when
storing. Allow to cool before putting on or taking oﬀ parts, cleaning or storing.
6. DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the
appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner.
Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination,
repair or adjustment.
The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may result in ﬁre, electric shock or injury to persons.
8. DO NOT use outdoors.
9. NEVER let the cord hang over the edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces.
10. DO NOT place coﬀeemaker on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a
11. DO NOT use this coﬀeemaker for anything other than its intended use.
12. The carafe is designed for use only with this coﬀeemaker.
13. Scalding may occur if the lid is removed during the brewing cycles. ALWAYS
keep the lid on the carafe when in use.
14. To protect against electrical shock, this appliance is equipped with a cord having
a 3-prong grounding-type plug for insertion into a proper grounding-type
receptacle. DO NOT alter the plug for use in a 2-prong receptacle. If the plug
will not ﬁt into a receptacle, have the proper receptacle installed by a
A. Do not set a hot container on wet or cold surface.
B. Do not use a cracked container or a container having a loose or
C. Do not clean container with cleansers, steel wool pads, or other
D. The container is designed for use with this appliance, it must never be
used on a range top.
15. This appliance is for HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
Short Power Cord Instructions
A short power-supply cord is to be provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. Longer detachable power-supply cords
or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
If a longer detachable power-supply cord or extension cord is used:
1. The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least
as great as the electrical rating of the appliance cord.
2. The cord should be arranged so that it wil not drape over the countertop or
tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
3. The extension cord should be a grounding type 3-wire cord.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of ﬁre or electric shock, DO NOT remove
the cover indicated by the arrow in the ﬁgure below. There are no user
serviceable parts inside.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!