Blower Attachment SSBL Instruction Manual Original Instruction Contents Important Information ···················· 2 1. Safety ··································· 4 1.1 Warnings ······································· 4 1.2 General Precautions ························ 6 1.3 Safety Devices and Protective Guard ······ 12 1.4 Protective Equipment ····················· 13 1.5 Noise ·········································· 13 1.6 Vibration ······································...
Important Information Intended Purpose This product (hereinafter referred to as an attachment) is designed to be attached to the powerhead (to be purchased separately) for blowing grasses, dead leaves, small stones, sands. The blower is attached to our approved powerhead. Do not use the blower for any other purpose or in any other way.
Important Cautions for Safe Work ● NIKKARI Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as NIKKARI) cannot foresee all the risks in handling the blower. Therefore, also give consideration to general safety measures not stated in this manual, powerhead manual to prevent accidents when handling the blower. ●...
1. Safety 1.1 Warnings For appropriate use of the blower, follow the instructions in this manual. Warning labels are attached to places where there are potential risks or in the periphery. The warning labels in this instruction manual are categorized depending on the degree of risk as shown in the table below. 1.1.1 Warning Description Signal words in this instruction manual are categorized as shown below.
1.1.2 Warning Labels Cautions for Handling (a) This blower is provided with warning labels to indicate important cautions. Understand the meanings of the warning labels thoroughly and work in a safe environment without accident or failure. (b) Do not operate the blower until you have a good understanding of the meanings of the warning labels.
1.2 General Precautions 1.2.1 Overall Precautions When handling the blower, follow the precautions of the powerhead manual in addition to the following precautions. Do not use the blower when you are tired or under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. * You will be distracted or not be able to use the blower appropriately, causing a serious accident.
1.2.2 Precautions on Clothes Wear a hard hat when using or transporting the blower. * It could cause injury to head. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when using the blower. * Otherwise, injury may result. Wear a goggle when using the blower. It is recommended to also use face shield (or face screen) together.
When working near the car or building, keep the things around away from the working area. Cover the immovable thing with the heavy-duty sheets or do not operate at the area. * If it is operated near the car and the building, scattered gravel stone, etc. could cause damage.
Do not use the blower continuously for a long time. * If it is operated continuously for a long time, vibration induced white finger could be developed. Do not scatter any object with a sharp tip. * It could hit your body, resulting in injury. Do not operate the blower in a closed area. * Exhausted gas affects the health.
1.2.6 Precautions for Maintenance Before performing maintenance, repair or cleaning, stop the engine and remove the attachment from the powerhead. * If the engine starts during the work, hands or fingers could be severed by the rotating parts or fan. Do not perform any maintenance or repair other than those described in the instruction manual. Request the sales agency. * Otherwise, an accident could happen.
Remove obstacles, and watch your step when transporting the blower. * If the footing is insecure, an accident due to tripping over or falling could happen. Before transporting the blower put on the back of the truck, etc., remove the attachment from the powerhead, and then fix it so as not to move.
1.3 Safety Devices and Protective Guard 1.3.1 Safety Devices (Stop Devices) To stop the blower in case of an accident or abnormality, use the stop device and stop the operation of the blower. There are the throttle trigger and start/stop switch on the powerhead as stop devices. Refer to the powerhead manual for details.
1.4 Protective Equipment When using the blower for blowing, always wear the following protective equipment. (a) Hard hat Hard hat (b) Working wear (long sleeve jackets and full-length Goggle pants of heavy material) Ear muffler Face shield (c) Protective shoes (or sturdy boots with nonslip sole) (Steel-toed safety boots are recommended.) (d) Gloves (heavy-duty, nonslip gloves) Working wear...
2. Outline 2.1 Name of Parts and Their Functions The blower is a device with the attachment installed to the powerhead (separately sold). The following is the structure of the attachment and name and function of each part. Name Description Gear case Connected to the cutting section.
2.2 Specification ■ Standard Specification Item Specification Weight 2.2kg 2.3 Attached Material The following is the attached material. For the powerhead, refer to the powerhead manual. ■ Attached Material Instruction manual Pipe cap (this book) 2.4 Position of Model Code and Serial No. This instruction manual is for attachment of model in same series.
2.5 Consumables The following is the consumables of this attachment. Contact the sales agency for the replacement.
* The attachment could come off during use, resulting in a serious accident. The attachment can be installed only to our approved equipment (shown below). For detail, refer to the table below. Manufacturer Our approved powerhead Thai Honda Manufacturing Co.,Ltd. UMC425E Thai Honda Manufacturing Co.,Ltd. UMC435E Thai Honda Manufacturing Co.,Ltd.
3.1.2 Connecting Loosen the knob bolt  of powerhead connections. Align the boss (protrusion)  at the end of the pipe with the slit of the joint case , and insert it to the label  position. Make sure that the positioning knob  is lowered to the original position, and then tighten the knob bolt  of powerhead connections.
3.1.3 Removing Loosen the knob bolt  of powerhead connections. Lift the positioning knob , and turn When the positioning knob is lifted, it can be rotated both clockwise and counterclockwise by 90°. Pull out the shaft tube . If the shaft tube is hard to remove, hold it so that the attachment is parallel to the pipe of the powerhead, and then pull out it.
4. Operation Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when using the blower. * Otherwise, injury may result. 4.1 Transporting method Do not transport the blower by a bicycle and a motorbike. * Otherwise, the blower could fall off, resulting in injury or damage of the blower. When transporting the blower, wear appropriate clothes and personal protec- tive equipment.
Wear protective equipment. For detail about the protective equipment, refer to "1.4 Protective Equipment." Make sure that the engine is stopped. <When hand-carrying the blower> When hand-carrying the blower Install it to the harness or use the shaft tube to keep the balance. <When transporting by truck, etc.>...
4.2 Pre-operation Check Make sure that the blower is operated normally or there is not any part missing or cracking before starting the operation. Especially check the looseness of the connections, screws, nuts and fuel leakage . * Otherwise, it will cause serious accident. Before operating the blower, check the following.
4.3 Start and Stop The blower is operated by the powerhead. Refer to the powerhead manual. 4.3.1 Start The blower must be started or operated by one person. * If it is operated by more than one person, it could be miss-handled, and it could contact with a person or objects, resulting in accident.
4.4 Precautions for Operation When operating the blower, observe the following as well as “1.2 General Precautions”. ● If you feel tired during operation, be sure to take a break. If you continue operating without taking a break, the blower could be out of control. Or if you are aggravated by strenuous work, consult a physician (doctor) before operating the blower.
Examples of Use Specific examples of how blower is used are described as follows. ■ Example of Use Tilt the blower by 5°, and swing it right and left to blow dead leaves or cut grasses on the ground to gather them. Airflow ■ Prohibited Matter ● Do not work at the position higher than the waste.
4.6 Actions after Operation After using the blower, take the following actions. Set the start/stop switch of engine to OFF (O side) to stop the engine. Tighten all the nuts, bolts, and screws other than the ones for adjusting the carburetor.
5. Maintenance 5.1 Maintenance of Blower Before performing maintenance, repair or cleaning, stop the engine and remove the attachment from the powerhead. * If the engine starts during the work, hands or fingers could be severed by the rotating parts or fan. Do not perform any maintenance or repair other than those described in the instruction manual.
5.3 Removing procedure for foreign objects inside Turn off the engine, and remove the attachment from the powerhead. Insert the L-wrench  which comes with the powerhead into the hole  of the bottom housing. Loosen the nut  by turning it clockwise with the box wrench which comes with the powerhead.
5.4 Greasing Store the grease in a place out of reach of children. Also, put them in a container so that the grease is not spilled and make them distinguished to understand contents. * When drinking them by mistake, the person will feel physically sick. Do not discard grease into the river, the sea, or the ground.
6. Storing Store the grease in a place out of reach of children. Also, put them in a container so that the grease is not spilled and make them distinguished to understand contents. * When drinking them by mistake, the person will feel physically sick. When storing the attachment with the hook of the pipe cap attached to the pipe, etc., do not pull or swing the attachment.
Insert the pipe cap  into the shaft tube . Put on gloves before cleaning. Clean the attachment. Wipe off the dirt or stain with a cloth, etc. Store the blower in the following place. (a) Locked place (b) High place out of reach of children and other unauthorized person (c) Dried and cool dark place...
7. Waste Disposal For disposal, observe the standards and regulations of your region. If there is any question, contact the sales agency.
8. Troubleshooting In case of failure, follow the table below. When troubleshooting, stop the engine and then remove the attachment from the powerhead. * If the engine starts during operation, hands or fingers could be severed by the rotating parts or fan. Phenomena Causes Measures The blower does Fuel runs out or fails. Refuel or replace the fuel by reference to the not start powerhead manual.
9. Service after Sales For repair, handling method or cleaning, contact the sales agency. ■ When Requesting for Repair If there is any problem, try finding the cause and take measures according to “8. Troubleshooting”. If it does not solve the trouble, contact the sales agency. ■ Contact for Repair Contact the sales agency from which you purchased the blower for repair. Record serial No. (See “2.4 Position of Model Code and Serial No.”) in the space below. You will need this serial No.
10. Technical data Model SSBL (Europe) SSBL (Australia) Powerhead UMC425E UMC435E UMC425U UMC435U Handle LOOP LOOP LOOP LOOP Mass (without powerhead) Length (without powerhead) Front Uncertainty Measured vibration levels (in accordance with EN ISO 22867) Applies to Europe only Rear...
Name and position of the person that signs: Hiroshi Sugimoto President Manufacturer’ s signature Person authorised to complie the technical file Honda Motor Europe Ltd Belgian Branch p/a Honda Motor Europe Ltd – Aalst Office Wijngaardveld 1 (Noord V) B-9300 Aalst (Belgium) October , 2012 E1384-0...