WARNINGS AND HINTS FOR USER
- This manual contains all the instructions required for a
proper and safe use of our appliances.
Keep the manual in a safe place for future consultation!
- This appliance is for catering use, hence they must be
used only by trained kitchen staff.
- The appliance must always be kept under control during
The manufacturer shall not be held
responsible for injuries or damage due to the non-
compliance with safety rules or an improper use of the
appliance by the operator.
- Some improper operating conditions may even be
caused by an improper use of the appliance, therefore it is
important to train personnel properly.
- All the installation and maintenance operations must be
performed by fitters who are members of an official
- Respect the periods required for maintenance. With this
is mind, customers are recommended to sign a service
- In case of failures concerning the appliance, all outputs
(gas and water) must be cut off instantly.
- In case of recurrent failures contact a service technician.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Before cooking with the appliance for the first time wash
the interior of the cooking vat thoroughly.
Fill the cooking vat up to a maximum
of 40 mm under the overflow border, according to the
maximum level mark, including the food to be cooked.
FILLING THE JACKET
The water level in the jacket must be
checked each time before lighting.
It is advisable to use softened water
to fill the jacket!
- Open the level tap on the front of the appliance.
- Unscrew the filling cap on the safety valve unit. The latter
is on the right of the appliance surface (see figure "Size of
appliance and position of connections ").
- Fill with softened water (the capacity of the jacket is
stated in the paragraph "Technical data").
- When water flows out of the level tap, close it and screw
back on the safety unit cap.
032 - 03 - Gas kettles
USE AND CLEANING
USE OF THE PRESSURE KETTLE LID
- Before switching on the appliance, close the lid firmly
and tighten the 4 clamps.
- The interior of the kettle can reach a maximum pressure
of 0.05 bar.
- When this pressure is exceeded, the pressure relief valve
on the lid will start operating. On request, the appliance is
also available with a pressure gauge to display the
pressure inside the kettle.
After cooking and before opening the
lid, all the pressure inside the kettle must be released
by lifting the relief valve (see also figure "Relief valve".
SWITCH ON, START OF COOKING
AND SWITCH OFF
- The appliance is equipped with a selector to start all
cooking operations (see figure "Cotrols").
- Here is a list of the procedures for a safe and correct use
of the appliance.
Lighting the pilot burner:
- Open the gas cock before the appliance.
- Turn the knob from position (
, press the knob and together press the piezoelectric
ignition button repeatedly..
- Once the pilot flame is on, keep the knob pressed for a
few seconds until the thermocouple heats up.
Starting cooking – igniting main burner:
- Turn the knob leftwards to the position
to light the burner.
- Generally cooking is started by setting the knob on the
maximum heating position and once the vat has reached
cooking temperature, the knob is turned to the minimum
position to maintain the cooking temperature.
End of cooking – turning off main burner and pilot burner:
- Turn the knob rightwards until position
main burner; only the pilot flame will be lighted. Turn the
knob again until position (
(See also figure "Controls").
) leftwards to the position
to turn off the
) to turn off the pilot burner.