CONTROL OF THE GAS INLET
- The feed pressure is measured using a liquid pressure
gauge ( e.g. a U-shaped pressure gauge, minimum
definition 0.1 mbar). The supply pressure can be
measured directly at the inlet pressure intake on the gas
feed pipe. The inlet pressure intake can be reached by
opening the lower front panel once the two side screws
have been removed. (See figure "Measuring the inlet
- Before connecting the manometer, the screw of the
pressure port must be loosened.
- Connect the U-shaped pressure gauge while the
appliance is operating to measure pressure.
- The pressure reading on the gauge should be in the
admitted pressure range stated in table page 8 "Inlet
pressures" of paragraph "Technical data".
- If pressure figures should not be correct, apply to the
gas board or the company which has installed the system.
- Having read the pressure, re-tighten the screw carefully.
The sealed adjuster screws on the gas
solenoid valve must not be tampered with, otherwise
any guarantee rights shall be forfeited immediately.
CONTROL OF PRIMARY AIR FLOW
- Primary air can be considered correctly adjusted if no
flame lift is ensured when the burner is cold and the
injector lights when the burner is hot.
- The distance "H" (see figure "Primary air regulation")
recommended for primary air adjustment is stated in table
page 9 in the "Technical data".
COMMISSIONING AND TESTING
- Once all the connections have been made, the appliance
and the overall installation must be checked following the
directions given in this manual.
- Check in particular:
- that the protective film has been removed from the
- that connections have been made in accordance with the
requirements and directions indicated in this manual;
- that all safety requirements in current standards,
statutory regulations and directives have been met;
- that the water and gas connections are leak-free;
- that the electrical connection has been performed
according to standards.
- Now the appliance can be ignited following the
instructions for use and controlling the following points:
- progressive ignition of the burner;
- even flames;
- flame security: check these points at both minimum and
- Check that the flue gas exhaust is not clogged and that
they are expelled without any hindrance.
- The test report must be completed in full and submitted
to the customer who should then sign in acceptance. With
effect from this moment, the appliance is covered by the
032 - 03 - Gas kettles
CONVERSION TO OTHER
TYPES OF GAS
- To convert the appliance for use with another type of
gas, the injectors on the main burners and on the pilot
burner need to be replaced. (See table page 9 and figure
- All the injectors needed for the different types of gas are
contained in a bag supplied with the appliance.
- The supply pressure and the manual setting of minimum
output should also be checked. (See table page 9 –
Minimum output setting).
REPLACEMENT OF INJECTORS
FOR MAIN BURNERS
The injectors can be reached by removing the lower front
panel, once the two side screws have been unloosed.
- Disconnect the tube with the injectors, unloose the
screws and remove.
- Use a fixed wrench SW11 to unscrew the injector and
replace it with a suitable one.
- Re-install the primary air regulation bracket at the
distance "H" as shown in table page 9, see also "Primary
REPLACEMENT OF INJECTORS
FOR PILOT BURNER
- The injector of the pilot burner can be reached by
removing the lower front panel. Remove the side and lower
- The pilot burner is in the front of the combustion
- Unloose the screw and replace the injector with an
MINIMUM OUTPUT ADJUSTMENT
- Once the appliance has been switched on, set the cock
knob on the minimum position.
- Remove the cock knob that will reveal a small hole on the
panel of the appliance.
- Turn the minimum adjustment screw on the cock with a
screwdriver through the hole on the panel.
Measure the minimum output
pressure directly at the output pressure connection on
the injector tube (see figure "Measuring gas pressure")
- Set the output pressure of the gas cock according to the
figures stated in table page 9 - Minimum output setting).
- After setting, seal the adjustment screw!
After each conversion, it is necessary
to check tightness and operation!