Disconnect the audio system from the power
source before performing any maintenance.
Clean the exterior of the system using a soft dust
CAUTION! This system operates with a laser. It
must be opened by only a qualified technician.
• Do not touch the signal surfaces. Hold CDs by
the edges, or by one edge and the hole.
• Do not affix labels or adhesive tapes to the
• Do not scratch or damage the label.
CDs rotate at high speeds inside the player.
• Do not use damaged (cracked or warped) CDs
• Dirty CDs can cause poor sound quality.
Always keep CDs clean by wiping them gently
with a soft cloth from the inner edge toward
the outer perimeter.
• If a CD becomes dirty, wet a soft cloth in
water, wring it out well, wipe the dirt away
gently, and then remove any water drops with
a dry cloth.
• Do not use record cleaning sprays or antistatic
agents on CDs. Also, never clean CDs with
benzene, thinner, or other volatile solvents
which may cause damage to disc surface
CD Lens Care
When your CD lens gets dirty it can also cause the
system to output poor sound quality. To clean the
lens you will need to purchase a CD lens cleaner
which can maintain the output sound quality of
your system. For instructions on cleaning the CD
lens, refer to the ones accompanying the lens
Power supply: 120V~60Hz
Dimensions ( H x W x D inches):
Unit size - 11 x 7.3 x 12
Speaker - 11.5 x 7.8 x 8.6
CD player: Response curve (+/- 2dB): 60Hz to 5kHz
Rating Plate: Look for it at the back of the set.
Maximum size of Mass Storage Class device
supported: 20 GB
Limited Warranty (U.S.)
What your warranty covers:
• Defects in materials or workmanship.
For how long after your purchase:
• One year from date of purchase for labor and parts
• Warranty period for rental units begins with the first rental or 45 days from date of shipment to the
rental firm, whichever comes first.
What we will do:
• Pay any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center the labor charges to repair your unit.
• Pay any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center for the new or, at our option, refurbished replacement parts required to repair your unit.
How you get service:
• Take your unit to any Authorized RCA Audio Service Center. To identify your nearest Authorized
RCA Audio Service Center, ask your dealer, look in the Yellow Pages, or call 1-800-336-1900.
• Show the Authorized Service Center Representative your evidence of purchase date or first rental.
• Pick up your unit when repairs are completed.
• Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice which is evidence that the product is within the warranty period must be
presented to obtain warranty service. For rental firms, proof
of first rental is also required.
What your warranty does not cover:
• Customer instruction. (Your Owner's Manual describes how to install, adjust, and operate your unit. Any additional information should be
obtained from your dealer.)
• Installation and related adjustments.
• Signal reception problems not caused by your unit.
• Damage from misuse or neglect.
• Cleaning of audio heads.
• A unit that has been modified or incorporated into other products or is used for institutional or other commercial purposes.
• A unit purchased or serviced outside the U.S.A.
• Acts of nature, such as but not limited to lightning damage.
• Please complete and mail the Product Registration Card packed with your product. It will make it easier to contact you should it ever be
necessary. The return of the card is not required for warranty coverage.
Limitation of Warranty:
• THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
(INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. NO
VERBAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY THOMSON INC., ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A GUARANTY OR IN ANY WAY
INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
• REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. THOMSON INC. SHALL
NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF ANY
BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITED WARRANTY ARE
GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF INDIANA. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY
OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET
How State Law relates to warranty:
• Some states do not allow the exclusion nor limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied
warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state.
If you purchased your unit outside the United States:
• This warranty does not apply. Contact your dealer for warranty information.
Service calls which do not involve defective materials or workmanship are not covered by this warranty. Costs of such
service calls are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.