GE200 Blood Glucose Monitoring System GETTING STARTED GUIDE (For self-testing)
Test Strip Port
Main Button (
Left Button (
Right Button (
Back View of Meter
Front View of Meter
Adjustable Depth Cap
Test Strip Vial
Installating the Batteries
1) Turn the meter over. Press and slide battery cover to open.
the two CR2032 batteries
. Be sure to insert the batteries in the correct direction.
3) Slide the battery cover back on until it snaps into place.
Setting Up Your Meter - Setting the Date, Time and Volume
1) Press and release the Main button "
" to turn on the meter.
2) Press and hold the Main button "
" for 7 seconds to enter the Setting Mode. The year will flash. (Note: The
meter will turn off while you are holding down the button. Continue holding down the Main button to reach
the Setting Mode. You will then be asked to set the year.)
3) Press the Left button "
" or Right button "
" to change the year.
4) Press the Main button "
" to confirm the year and move onto the month setting.
5) Repeat step 3 and 4 to change the date, time format, hour, minute and volume. After pressing the main
button to confirm the volume setting, your set-up is complete.
Meter Serial Number
In order to ensure proper operation, do not use this meter close to strong sources electromagnetic
eep the meter free of dust and liquids, including water.
Preparing the Lancing Device
1) Hold the adjustable depth cap in one hand while holding the base with the other hand. Pull the cap in the
down direction. When a gap appears between the cap and base, pull the two parts in opposite directions.
2) Remove the adjustable depth cap.
3) Insert a new disposable lancet firmly into the lancet carrier.
4) Twist off and set aside the protective cover of the disposable lancet.
5) Replace the adjustable depth cap.
6) Choose a depth of penetration by rotating the top portion of the adjustable depth cap to the desired depth
setting. Your setting should be based on your skin type:
" for soft or thin skin;
" for average skin;
" for thick or calloused skin.
7) Hold the base in one hand and pull on the plunger with the other hand. Release the plunger and it will
automatically move back to its original position near the base. The device will be cocked.
Performing a Test
1) Wash and dry your hands. Take one test strip from the vial. Close the vial cap immediately.
2) Insert the strip into the strip port on the meter with the view window facing up. Push the strip in until you
hear a click. The meter will automatically detect the code number.
3) When you see the flashing blood drop icon on the display window, hold the lancing device to your fingertip
and press the release button.
4) A blood drop size between 0.75
sizes. Blood drop sizes greater than 3.0µL may contaminate the meter. A minimum of a 0.75µL drop is
required for accurate results.
Sample Size Example
is required for testing. See Sample Size Example Chart for drop
5) Touch and hold the drop to the edge of sample port until you hear a
with blood. If the view window is not completely filled with blood, the test will not start. Discard the test
strip and repeat the test with a new test strip.
6) The countdown will begin on the display window. After 5 seconds, your test result will appear. For more
information about your test results, please see your User's Manual.
7) Remove the test strip from the meter. Please follow your local regulations to properly discard the used
8) Pull off the adjustable depth cap. Without touching the used disposable lancet, stick the lancet tip into the
9) Hold the release button in one hand and pull the plunger with the other hand. This will safely eject the used
10) Discard the used disposable lancet into an appropriate puncture-proof or biohazard container.
11) Replace the adjustable depth cap after finishing the test.
Alternative site testing: palm or forearm blood sampling
Choose the clear cap and follow step 1 and step 2 "Performing a Test".
2. Massage the puncture area of your palm or forearm for a few seconds.
Immediately after massaging the puncture area, press and hold the lancing device with the
against your palm or forearm.
4. Press the release button.
5. Continue holding the lancing device against your palm or forearm. Gradually increase pressure for a
few seconds until the blood sample size is sufficient.
6. Follow step 9 to discard the used disposable lancet.
NOTE: DO NOT test on the palm or forearm if you are testing for hypoglycemia (low blood glucose).
a few seconds
- The GE Lancing Device is intended for single person use only.
For more information on how to use your meter and understanding your test results, please see your
GE200 Blood Glucose Monitoring System User's Manual.
Copyright © 2011 Bionime Corporation. All rights reserved worldwide
and the view window is filled