• Keep your device away from excessive moisture and extreme tempera-
• Avoid exposing your device to direct sunlight or strong ultraviolet light
for extended periods of time.
• Do not drop your device or subject it to severe shock.
• Do not subject your device to sudden and severe temperature changes.
This could cause moisture condensation inside the unit, which could
damage your device. In the event of moisture condensation, allow the
device to dry out completely before use.
The screen surface can be easily scratched. Sharp objects may scratch
the screen. You may use non-adhesive generic screen protectors
designed specifically for use on portable devices with LCD panels to
help protect the screen from minor scratches.
Never clean your device with it powered on.
Never use organic solvents such as benzene or paint thinner to clean
your device. Use of these solvents can cause deformation or discolora-
Use a soft, clean, lint-free cloth to clean the display screen. Moistened
LCD screen wipes could also be used as required.
N e v e r att e m pt to d i s a s s e m b l e, r e pai r or ma k e any m odifi c ation s to you r
d e vi ce. Dis a s s e m bly, m odificat ion or a ny att e m pt at re p air c o uld c a u s e
da m a g e to y ou r d e vic e a nd e v en bo dily inj u r y or property d a m age a n d
will void any warranty.
• Do not store your device anywhere it may be exposed to water or in
conditions of high humidity.
NVM-4030 Portable Navigation Device
• When the device is not in use for an extended period of time, bring it
indoors and store it in cool dry area.
Accessories and repair precautions
• Only authorized accessories should b e u s e with the device. T h e us e o f
i n c o m p a t i b l e accessories c o u l d res ult in bodily i n j u r y and/or d a m a g e to
• The use of unauthorized accessories will also void your warranty.
• Never attempt to disassemble, repair or make any modification to your
Chapter 8 Troubleshooting and Maintenance