Installing Microsoft ActiveSync
Use Microsoft ActiveSync to exchange information between your NVM-4030
and a computer running on the Microsoft Windows platform.
If you have a previous version of the Microsoft ActiveSync installed in your
computer, uninstall it first before installing the Microsoft ActiveSync 3.8 ver-
sion from the RNVM-4030 CD.
Minimum installation requirements:
• Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, ME, and 98 SE
• Microsoft Outlook 2000 or later required for Contacts synchronization
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
• Hard disk drive with 12 to 65 MB of available hard disk space
• Available USB port
• CD-ROM drive
• VGA graphics card or compatible video graphics adapter at 256 color
To install Microsoft ActiveSync on your computer:
Close any open programs, including those that run at startup, and disable
any virus-scanning software.
Insert the SANYO NVM-4030 Companion CD into your computer' s CD-
The CD's welcome page should appear.
Click the installation language of your choice.
Click Install ActiveSync on the Please select your task screen
NVM-4030 Portable Navigation Device
The installation wizard will automatically begin.
Chapter 4 Synchronizing with PC