If you set a programme or an
option that ends with water
in the drum, the energy
saving status function
doesn't activate to remind
you to drain the water.
11. HINTS AND TIPS
11.1 The laundry load
• Divide the laundry in: white, coloured,
synthetics, delicates and wool.
• Obey the washing instructions that
are on the laundry care labels.
• Do not wash white and coloured items
• Some coloured items can discolour
with the first wash. We recommend
that you wash them separately for the
• Button up pillowcases, close zippers,
hooks and poppers. Tie up belts.
• Empty the pockets and unfold the
• Turn multilayered fabrics, wool and
items with painted illustrations inside
• Remove hard stains.
• Wash heavy soil stains with a special
• Be careful with the curtains. Remove
the hooks or put the curtains in a
washing bag or pillowcase.
• Do not wash laundry without hems or
with cuts. Use a washing bag to wash
small and/or delicate items (e.g.
underwired bras, belts, tights, etc. ).
• A very small load can cause balance
problems with the spin phase. If this
occurs, adjust manually the items in
the tub and start the spin phase
11.2 Stubborn stains
For some stains, water and detergent is
We recommend that you pre-treat these
stains before you put the items in the
Special stain removers are available.
Use the special stain remover that is
applicable to the type of stain and fabric.
11.3 Detergents and additives
• Only use detergents and additives
specially made for washing machines:
– powder detergents for all types of
– powder detergents for delicate
fabrics (40 °C max) and woollens,
– liquid detergents, preferably for
low temperature wash
programmes (60 °C max) for all
types of fabric, or special for
• Do not mix different types of
• To help the environment, do not use
more than the correct quantity of
• Obey the instructions that you find on
the on packaging of these products.
• Use the correct products for the type
and colour of the fabric, the
programme temperature and the level
• If your appliance has not the
detergent dispenser with the flap
device, add the liquid detergents with
a dosing ball (supplied by the
11.4 Ecological hints
• Set a programme without the prewash
phase to wash laundry with normal
• Always start a washing programme
with the maximum allowed load of
• If necessary, use a stain remover
when you set a programme with a low
• To use the correct quantity of
detergent, check the water hardness
of your domestic system. Refer to