Network Scan Settings
You can connect your scanner or printer to a network to share it among multiple computers or scan images
into a specified computer.
• Multiple users cannot scan at the same time.
• Complete the network settings of your scanner or printer beforehand from the Setup CD-ROM or by
following the instructions our website.
• With network connection, scanning takes longer than USB connection.
Complete the following settings to enable scanning over a network.
Specifying Your Scanner or Printer
Use IJ Network Scanner Selector EX to specify the scanner you want to use. By specifying the scanner,
you can scan over a network from your computer or the operation panel.
• If the product you want to use is changed with IJ Network Scanner Selector EX, the product used for
scanning with IJ Scan Utility changes as well. The product for scanning from the operation panel also
If your scanner or printer is not selected in IJ Scan Utility, check that it is selected with IJ Network
Scanner Selector EX.
Refer to "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX2 Menu and Setting Screen" for your model from Home of
the Online Manual for details.
• To scan from the operation panel, specify your scanner or printer with IJ Network Scanner Selector
1. Check that IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running.
If IJ Network Scanner Selector EX is running,
notification area on the desktop. Click
• If the icon is not displayed in the notification area on the desktop, follow the procedure below to
• Windows 10:
From the Start menu, click All apps > Canon Utilities > IJ Network Scanner Selector
• Windows 8.1:
Click IJ Network Scanner Selector EX2 on the Start screen.
(IJ Network Scanner Selector EX2) appears in the
to check the hidden icons as well.