CONTENTS 14. CLEANING..........14 14.1 Cleaning the machine .........14 1. FUNDAMENTAL SAFETY WARNINGS .....7 14.2 Cleaning the machine’s internal circuit ..14 14.3 Cleaning the coffee grounds container ..14 2. SAFETY WARNINGS ........8 14.4 Cleaning the drip tray and condensate tray .14 2.1 Symbols used in these instructions ....8 14.5 Cleaning the inside of the coffee machine ...15 2.2 Designated use ..........8...
1. FUNDAMENTAL SAFETY WARNINGS • The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
2. SAFETY WARNINGS Any other use is considered improper and thus dangerous. The manufacturer is not liable for damage deriving from improper 2.1 Symbols used in these instructions use of the appliance. Important warnings are identified by these symbols. It is vital to follow these warnings.
4. DESCRIPTION 4.4 Description of lights 4.1 Description of the appliance Light flashing: the machine is heating up. (page 3 - A ) A1. Control panel The appliance is delivering one or two cups of A2. Grinding adjustment dial short coffee. A3.
• The appliance gives off heat. After positioning the appli- • To enjoy your coffee even more and improve the perfor- ance on the worktop, leave a space of at least 3 cm be- mance of your appliance, we recommend installing a water tween the surfaces of the appliance and the side and rear softener filter (C4) as described in the section “10.
8. AUTO-OFF 10.1 Installing the filter The time can be changed so that the appliance switches off after 1. Take the filter (C4) out of its packet and rinse under about being idle for 15 or 30 minutes, or after 1, 2 or 3 hours. 0.5 litre of running water (fig.
If the coffee is delivered too slowly or not at all, turn one click clockwise. For fuller bodied creamier coffee, turn one click anticlockwise (do not turn more than one click at a time other- wise the coffee could be delivered a drop at a time).
5. Press the corresponding 1 cup coffee button ( B3 or 1 short coffee 1 long coffee B8). 6. Preparation begins. 12. MAKING CAPPUCCINO 2 short coffees 2 long coffees Danger of burns! 5. Preparation begins and the light corresponding to the se- During preparation steam is given off.
14.2 Cleaning the machine’s internal circuit hand and with the other rotate the cappuccino maker anti- clockwise (fig. 21), then remove by pulling downwards. If the appliance is not used for more than 3-4 days, before 3. Also remove the steam connection nozzle by pulling it using it again, we strongly recommend switching it on and downwards (fig.
14.5 Cleaning the inside of the coffee machine 5. Soak the infuser in water for about 5 minutes, then rinse under the tap. Danger of electric shock! 6. Clean coffee residues from the support where the infuser Before cleaning internal parts, the machine must be turned off rests.
• You should use De’Longhi descaler only. Using unsuitable 11. Place the container used to collect the descaler solution descaler and/or performing descaling incorrectly may re- empty under the cappuccino maker and coffee spouts (fig. sult in faults not covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. 36).
17. TECHNICAL DATA Level 1 Voltage: 220-240 V~ 50/60 Hz max. 10A Absorbed power: 1450 W Level 2 Pressure: 1.5 MPa (15 bars) Max. water tank capacity: 1.8 L Level 3 Size LxDxH: 240x430x350 mm Cord length: 1150 mm Level 4 Weight: 8.9 kg Max.
The grounds container (A13) is full. Empty the grounds container and drip tray, clean and replace. Important: when removing the drip tray, the grounds container MUST be emptied, even if it contains few grounds. If this is not done, when you make the next coffees, FLASHING the grounds container may fill up more than expected and clog the machine.
The coffee beans have run out. Fill beans container. The pre-ground coffee funnel (A6) Empty the funnel with the help of a brush as is clogged. described in the section "14.8. Cleaning the pre-ground coffee funnel". FLASHING The infuser has not been replaced Insert the infuser as described in the section after cleaning (A11).
The frothed milk has large The milk is not cold enough or is not You should ideally use skimmed or semi- bubbles semi-skimmed. skimmed milk at refrigerator temperature (about 5°C). If the result is not as you wished, try changing brand of milk. The milk is not frothed Cappuccino maker dirty.