Section 2: Percentage and Calendar Functions
To find what percentage a number is of a total, when you already know the total
1. Key in the total number.
2. Press \ to separate the other number from the total number.
3. Key in the number whose percentage equivalent you wish to find.
4. Press Z.
For example, if you already knew in the preceding example that the total sales
were $7.95 million and you wanted to find what percentage of that total occurred
The calendar functions provided by the HP 12C Platinum – D and Ò – can
handle dates from October 15, 1582 through November 25, 4046.
For each of the calendar functions – and also for bond calculations (E and
S) – the calculator uses one of two date formats. The date format is used to
interpret dates when they are keyed into the calculator as well as for displaying
Month-Day-Year. To set the date format to month-day-year, press gÕ. To
key in a date with this format in effect:
1. Key in the one or two digits of the month.
2. Press the decimal point key (.).
3. Key in the two digits of the day.
4. Key in the four digits of the year.
Dates are displayed in the same format.
Keys in the total amount and
separates it from the next number.
Keys in 2.36 to find what
percentage it is of the number in the
Europe had nearly 30% of the total