funcTionAl descripTion (fiG. b)
1.) Switch box
2.) Bail Handle (EM1700), Switch lever (EM1500)
3.) Handle knobs
4.) Cable management system
5.) Cable holders
6.) Height adjustment lever (not shown)
8.) Grass catcher
9.) Grass catcher handle 10.) Carrying handles
11.) Clear rear flap
Before assembly, make sure that the appliance is
switched off and unplugged.
AssemblinG The GrAss cATcher (fiG. c, c1, c2,
Under normal usage, the collection bag assembly is
subject to deterioration and wear and should, therefore, be frequently
checked for replacement. Any replacement assembly should be checked
for compliance with Black and Decker recommendations.
1. Before starting to assemble the grass bag to the frame, check that the
grass bag and frame are similar to figure C.
2. Slide the grass bag onto the frame as shown in figure C1.
3. Assemble the top clips to the frame as shown in figure C2, then
assemble the two side clips and the bottom clip last.
4. Completely assembled grass catcher is shown in figure C3.
fiTTinG The lower hAndle (fiG. d)
• Insert the ends of the lower handle into the corresponding holes in the mower.
• Press the handle down as far as it will go.
• Secure the handle using the screws.
AssemblinG The upper hAndle (fiG. e)
• Fit the upper handle part to the lower handle using the handle storage
knobs (3), washers and screws as shown.
securinG The moTor cAble (fiG. f)
The motor cable has to be fixed using the cable restraints.
• To clip the cable to the handle, snap a restraint clip (10) around the cable
and upper handle about 6 inches (152.4mm) below the switch box (1).
• Snap the second restraint clip around the cable and lower handle
about 6 inches (152.4mm) below the handle knob (3).
fiTTinG The GrAss cATcher (fiG. G)
• Lift the clear grass flap (11) and place the grass catcher (8) over the lugs.
reAd This insTrucTion mAnuAl And sAfeTy rules
before operATinG your mower. See "functional
description" to familiarize yourself with the location of various controls
and adjustments. Save this manual for future reference.
injury. To preVenT serious injury, unpluG mower when
unATTended, cleAninG, serVicinG, TrAnsporTinG, lifTinG,
or sTorinG mower.
rear door is not closed under spring tension as serious injury could
result. Take your mower to the nearest service center for repair.
unless the hanger hooks on the grass catcher are seated properly on
the mower and the rear discharge door rests firmly against the top of the
grass catcher as serious injury could result.
Do not operate mower without grass catcher (8) attached.
Let the appliance work at its own pace. Do not overload.
AdjusTinG The heiGhT of cuT (fiG. h)
The height of cut is adjusted by the central height adjust mechanism,
there are 6 positions to choose from.
To set the height of cut
• Pull the height adjustment lever (6) away from the body of the unit.
• Move the lever towards the rear of the appliance to lower the height of cut.
roTATinG blAdes cAn cAuse serious
sharp moving blade. Do not operate the mower if the
sharp moving blade. Never operate the mower