• Move the lever towards the front of the appliance to raise the height of cut.
• Push the height adjustment lever into one of the 6 height locations.
noTe: The height of cut can be viewed on the height of cut gauge (12)
on the side of the unit.
swiTchinG on And off (fiG. i)
shArp moVinG blAde. neVer ATTempT To
oVerride The operATion of The swiTch As serious
injury could resulT.
• Push in and hold the lock-off button (13).
• Pull the bail handle (switch lever) (2) towards the handle.
• Release the lock-off button.
• Release the bail handle (switch lever) (2).
Never attempt to lock a switch in the on position.
mowinG (fiG. j - k)
noTe: AlwAys inspecT AreA
where mower is To be used
And remoVe All sTones,
sTicks, wire, And oTher debris
which miGhT be Thrown by The
We recommend to use your mower
as outlined in this section in order to
achieve optimum results and to reduce
the risk of cutting the main cable.
• Loop the extension cord through
the cable management system
(4) as shown (fig. j). Ensure you
leave approximately 3
feet (100 cm) of cord
between the switch-
box (1) and the cable
• Ensure that the cable
can slide freely from
one side to the other.
• Place the bulk of the
extension cord on
the lawn, close to the
starting point (position 1
in fig. k).
• Switch the mower on as
• Proceed as shown in
• Move from position 1 to
• Turn right, stepping
over the extension cord
and proceed towards position 3. The cable management system will
slide from one side to the other, ensuring the extension cord is kept
away from the cutting blade.
• Turn left, stepping over the extension cord and move towards position
4. The extension cord will slide from one side of the handle to the
other, ensuring the extension cord is kept away from the cutting blade.
• Repeat the above procedure as required.
Do not work towards the cable as shown in fig. k1.
edGemAx™ (fiG. l)
EdgeMax™ (7) allows you to cut grass right up to the edge of a wall or
fence (fig. l).
EdgeMax™ allows you to
accurately cut grass right
up to the edge of your
lawn (fig. l1).
• With the lawn mower
parallel with the edge of
• Push the lawn mower
along the edge of the
lawn. Ensure that the
EdgeMax™ is slightly
over the edge of your
lawn (fig. l1)
empTyinG The GrAss cATcher
• Release the bail handle or switch lever (2) and unplug the mower.
• Remove the grass catcher (8).
• Empty the contents.
cAble sTorAGe (fiG. m)
The cable holders (5) provide a safe
and convenient way to store the
extension cord when not in use.
• Wrap the extension cord around the
cable holders in a figure eight pattern.
cArryinG The mower
Rotating blade can
cause serious injury. Release bail
handle or switch lever (2) to turn
mower off and unplug mower before
lifting, transporting, or storing the
mower. Store in a dry place.
• The mower can be carried using
the convenient carry handles (10).
remoVinG blAde - (fiG. n - o)
Ensure the blade has completely stopped and
disconnect the mower from the power source.
Only use the specified replacement blade: EMB1500
(EM1500 mower) and EMB1700 (EM1700 mower)
• RELEASE BAIL HANDLE OR SWITCH LEVER (2) TO TURN MOWER
OFF, WAIT FOR THE BLADE TO STOP, AND UNPLUG MOWER.
• Cut a piece of 2x4 wood (15) (about 1 foot long) (305 mm) to keep
blade from turning while removing flange nut.
• Turn the appliance onto its side. Wear gloves and proper eye protection.
Be careful of sharp edges of blade.
• Position piece of wood (15) to keep blade from turning as shown in
• Use a 9/16 inch wrench (17) to loosen and remove the blade bolt (16)
by turning counterclockwise.
• Pull off blade (18), blade insulator (19), and spacer (20) as shown in
figure o. Examine all pieces for damage and replace if necessary.
insTAllinG blAde (fiG. p)
• Slide the blade onto bolt shaft with
the lettering on the blade facing
out, and place the blade bolt (16)
onto the bolt shaft.
• Tighten the blade bolt as ﬁrmly as
possible by hand.
• Position piece of wood (15) to
keep blade from turning as shown
in figure n. Install flange nut with
the flange against the blade spacer
and securely tighten.
• Use a 9/16 inch wrench to securely
tighten the blade bolt by turning the
KEEP BLADE SHARP FOR BEST MOWER PERFORMANCE. A DULL
BLADE DOES NOT CUT GRASS CLEANLY OR MULCH PROPERLY.
USE PROPER EYE PROTECTION WHILE REMOVING,
SHARPENING, AND INSTALLING BLADE. ENSURE THAT THE
MOWER IS UNPLUGGED.
Sharpening the blade twice during a mowing season is usually sufficient
under normal circumstances. Sand causes the blade to dull quickly. If
your lawn has sandy soil, more frequent sharpening may be required.
REPLACE BENT OR DAMAGED BLADE IMMEDIATELY.
when shArpeninG The blAde:
1. Make sure blade remains balanced.
2. Sharpen blade at the original cutting angle.
3. Sharpen cutting edges on both ends of blade, removing equal
amounts of material from both ends.