WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Toshiba shall not be liable for any damages, losses, expenses or costs, if any, incurred in connection with or as a result of use of any information or data provided...
Hazardous Substances. From July 1, 2006, the RoHS Directive will prohibit any marketing of new products containing the restricted substances. Increasing attention is given to issues related to the global environmental. Toshiba Corporation recognizes environmental protection as a key management tasks, and is doing its utmost to enhance and improve the quality and scope of its environmental activities.
(1 / 3) SAFETY INSTRUCTION WARNING: BEFORE SERVICING THIS CHASSIS, READ THE "SAFETY PRECAUTION" AND "PRODUCT SAFETY NOTICE" INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. Safety Precaution WARNING: SERVICING SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED BY ANYONE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS ON THIS RECEIVER. THE FOLLOWING ARE THE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO BE OBSERVED BEFORE SERVICING THIS CHASSIS.
(2 / 3) 8. Always ensure that all internal wirings are in accordance before re-assembling the external casing after a repairing completed. Do not allow internal wiring to be pinched by cabinets, panels, etc. Any error in reassembly or wiring can result in electrical leakage, flame, etc., and may be hazardous.
(3 / 3) sinusoidal waveforms. The measuring instrument is calibrated by comparing the frequency factor of with the solid line in figure F.2 of IEC 60990 at various frequencies. A calibration curve is constructed showing the deviation of from the ideal curve as a function of frequency.
2. Turn power to OFF by mechanical switch or removing AC plug and plug the USB to TV. 3. Keep pressing and holding “OK” key from Toshiba remote controller and at the same time turn power to ON by mechanical SW and hold OK pressed until the standby led blinks very rapidly.
HOTEL MODE/HOTEL CLONE HOTEL TV MENU: To enter hotel menu, please open main menu by pressing MENU(M) button. When you code following password “7935”, hidden hotel TV menu appears. Figure 1 Hotel TV Menu...
Hotel Mode Setting “Hotel Mode” item 'On' activates hotel mode. In other words user can do only what he/she is allowed to do. Restriction level can be determined by using other items on menu namely Volume Limit, Panel Button, OSD Disable. In hotel mode, users can not reach channel table and install menu so they could not change any program information.
Volume Limit Sets the maximum value the volume can have. “Volume Limit” can take values between 0-63. Fixed Volume Enable Enables (Fixed Volume Enable = On) or prohibits (Fixed Volume Enable = Off) the use of fixed volume value which is set by menu item “Fixed Volume Value”. If Fixed Volume Enable is ON, volume cannot be set to a value other than the Fixed Volume Value.
All Menus : All menus (MAIN, SOUND, PICTURE, SETTINGS, INSTALLATION) are invisible. OSD Disable = Disable Setup Menus : Only SETUP menus are invisible. Invisible Setup Menus are: Main menu: Installation, Channel list Settings menu: Parental, Sources, Other settings Teletext Enables (Teletext = On) or prohibits (Teletext = Off) the use of teletext (or MHEG if available) WakeUp Time Channel Wakeup time alarm is activated if the time of last played service is same to selected time but if this...
Copy from USB device data to NVRAM: Just the reverse operation done by copy to USB call. Previously copied nvram files (“nvblock_ ..bin”) are copied into TV. If there is no flash file or some of them are available on USB, the available ones are copied. If no USB is connected, nothing happens. The files could be in a folder in the USB or it could be just in the root.
On the bottom side of image there is an message (osd message) displaying “press any key”.This message is only visible when the customer sets via profile manager as Toshiba or Sharp, or if the softwares which uses Toshiba UI. For the other customers and ui options that warning is invisble.
Internal Clock If hotel mode is active a new function (add wake up timer) will be available in Settings/Timers menu. That function will open a new menu to set wake up time. After timer is saved tv can wake up automatically on desired time.
TROUBLESHOOTING (17MB82S) 1. No Backlight Problem Problem: If TV is working, led is normal and there is no picture and backlight on the panel. Possible couses: Backlight pin, dimming pin, backlight supply, stby on/off pin Backlight pin should be high in open position. If it is low, please check Q30 and panel cables.
Dimming pin should be high or square wave in open position. If it is low, please check S16 for Mstar side and panel or power cables, connectors. Backlight power supply should be in panel specs. Please check CN4 for MB82, related connectors for power supply cards.
STBY_ON/OFF should be low for standby on condition, please check R2090. 2. CI Module Problem Problem: CI is not working when CI module inserted. Possible couses: Supply, suply control pin, detect pins, mechanical positions of pins CI supply shoul be 5V when CI module inserted. If it is not 5V please check CI_POWER_CTRL, this pin should be low.
Please check mechanical positions of CI module. Detect ports should be low. If it is not low please check CI connector pins, CI module pins and 3V3_VCC on MB82. 4/10...
3. Led Blinking Problem Problem: LED blinking, no other operation This problem indicates a short on Vcc voltages. Protect pin should be logic high while normal operation. When there is a short circuit protect pin will be logic low. If you detect logic low on protect pin, unplug the TV set and control voltage points with a multimeter to find the shorted voltage to ground.
4. IR Problem Problem: LED or IR not working Check LED card supply on MB82 chasis. 6/10...
5. Keypad Touchpad Problems Problem: Keypad or Touchpad is not working Check keypad supply and KEYBOARD pin on MB82 6. USB Problems Problem: USB is not working or no USB Detection. Check USB Supply, It should be nearly 5V. 7/10...
7. No Sound Problem Problem: No audio at main TV speaker outputs. Check supply voltages of VDD_AUDIO, 5V_VCC or 12V_VCC with a voltage-meter. There may be a problem in headphone connector or headphone detect circuit (when headphone is connected, speakers are automatically muted). Measure voltage at HP_DETECT pin, it should be 3.3v.
8. No Sound Problem at Headphone Problem: No audio at headphone output. Check HP detect pin, when headphone is. Check 5V_VCC and 3V3_VCC with a voltage- meter. 9. Standby On/Off Problem Problem: Device cannot boot, TV hangs in standby mode. There may be a problem about power supply.
10. No Signal Problem Problem: No signal in TV mode. Check tuner supply voltage; 3V3_TUN. Check tuner options are correctly set in Service menu. Check AGC voltage at IF_AGC pin of tuner. 10/10...
TOSHIBA LIFESTYLE PRODUCTS & SERVICES CORPORATION 2-9, Suehiro-Cho, Ome-Shi, Tokyo 198-8710, Japan REV. 00 Feb/18/2015...