Connecting to an eSATA Hard Disk Drive (optional)
Complete the following steps to install an eSATA drive.
1. Make sure that both the DVR and the eSATA drive are unplugged from power.
2. Connect the data cable for the eSATA drive to the DVR.
3. Plug in power to the eSATA drive.
4. Plug in the power cord, and then turn on the DVR.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions. One of the following situations occurs:
• If it is a new drive or one used on another device, the system displays a message and asks you to format the
• If the drive is formatted and is functioning properly with this DVR, a confi rmation message appears and states
that the drive is working.
MADE IN MEXICO
Electric shock hazard! Unplug
all electronic devices before
connecting or disconnecting
any device cables to the DVR.
How the eSATA Drive Works with Your DVR
An eSATA drive is an extension of the internal hard drive of the DVR; it is not an archival device. Programs recorded
to the eSATA drive can be played back on the DVR originally connected to the eSATA drive. For instance, you
cannot record programs to the eSATA drive, remove the drive, and then connect it to a computer or a diff erent DVR
for playing back programs.
Some programs will record to the internal drive of the DVR and some will record to the eSATA drive, depending on
the space available. The DVR selects the drive that has the most free space and records the program to that drive.
A program is not split between the internal and eSATA drives.
Recommendations for the eSATA Drive
Contact your cable service provider for a list of approved eSATA hard disk drives. At a minimum, your eSATA drive
should have these capabilities:
• External SATA Connector - SATA II: Cable and Connector, Revision 1.0 (www.sata-io.org for more information)
• Drive Speed: 7200 RPM (5400 RPM without Multi-Room
• Capacity: Only one eSATA drive can be connected to the DVR. The DVR does not support a separate port
• eSATA Drive Power: The eSATA drive should power on when plugged in and should not be controlled by switch.
THIS DEVICE IS INTENDED TO BE ATTACHED
TO A RECEIVER THAT IS NOT USED TO
RECEIVE OVER-THE-AIR BROADCAST
SIGNALS. CONNECTION OF THIS DEVICE
IN ANY OTHER FASHION MAY CAUSE
HARMFUL INTERFERENCE TO RADIO
COMMUNICATIONS AND IS IN VIOLATION
OF THE FCC RULES, PART 15.
S - VIDEO
Hard Disk Drive
DVR); 133 Mbps
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
RISQUE DE CHOC
ELECTRIQUE NE PAS OUVRIR