If the DVR does not perform as expected, the following tips may help. If you need further assistance, contact your
• Verify that the power to your TV is turned on.
• If the DVR is plugged into a wall switch, verify the wall switch is in the ON position.
Note: You should avoid plugging the DVR into an outlet that is controlled by a wall switch.
• Verify that all cables are properly connected.
• Verify that the M-Card module is installed.
• If your system includes a VCR or stereo, verify that you have properly connected them to the DVR.
• Verify that the TV is set to the proper input channel.
• Verify that the current TV program is broadcast in color.
• Adjust the TV color controls.
• If your setup includes a VCR or stereo, verify that you have properly connected it to the DVR.
• Verify that the volume is turned up.
• Verify that the mute function is not engaged.
Automatic Software Updates
A message appears on the TV screen when the DVR and the M-Card module are receiving software updates.
In addition, download information also appears on the front panel of the DVR during these updates. Wait for the
current time to display on the front panel before continuing. When the time appears, the update is complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Are the Connection Diagrams?
The diagrams are on pages 8 through 11 of this guide. The diagrams show examples of common ways to connect
the DVR to your other electronic devices. However, these diagrams do not show every possible combination of
devices. Refer to the user's guides that came with your other electronic devices for further information.
What Cables Do I Need?
The required cables are shown in the connection diagrams in this guide. Some of the cables and adaptors shown in
the diagrams may not be included with the DVR.