Digital video baby monitor with wi-fi internet viewing (73 pages)
Summary of Contents for Motorola MBP845CONNECT
User’s Guide ® Digital Video Baby Monitor With Wi-Fi Internet Viewing Models: MBP845CONNECT, MBP845CONNECT-2, MBP845CONNECT-3, MBP845CONNECT-4 The features described in this User’s Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of the Parent Unit Display (LCD screen) options. VIDEO ON/OFF button V While viewing a zoomed image, Press to turn the LCD screen ON/ press and hold to move the image OFF. rightward. TALK button Charging LED Press and hold to speak to your Blue - when connected to the mains baby.
Parent Unit menu icons Signal Level (5 Levels) Night Vision Mode (Video also changes to Black/White) Talk Mode Volume Level Control (5 Levels) Zoom Level Control (1X, 2X) Brightness Level Control (8 Levels) Lullaby Control (5 Sound Selections) Alarm Setting (6h, 4h, 2h, OFF) Temperature scale select ( Readings display in BLUE, but turn RED >...
Overview of Your Baby Unit POWER ON/OFF switch PAIR button Slide to switch the Baby Unit on or Press and hold to pair with the off. Parent Unit. Microphone Power Adapter Socket Infrared LEDs (6) Temperature Sensor Light Sensor (Night Vision Mode) Camera Lens Power/Link indicator Lights up in Blue when the Baby Unit is...
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ..................7 2. Getting Started ..................10 Baby Unit Power Supply ................10 Parent Unit Power Supply ................ 11 Registration (Pairing) ................12 3. Using the Baby Monitor ................13 Setting Up ....................13 Pan and Tilt ....................13 Night Vision Mode ..................
1. Safety Instructions WARNING Strangulation Hazard: Children have STRANGLED in cords. Keep this cord out of the reach of children (more than 1m away). Never use extension cords with AC Adapters. Only use the AC Adapters provided. Safety Instructions...
CAMERA SET UP & USE: • Choose a location for the Baby Unit that will provide the best view of your baby in his/her cot. • Place the Baby Unit on a flat surface, such as a dresser, bureau or shelf, or mount the Baby Unit on a wall securely using the keyhole slots in the underside of the stand.
CAUTION There is a risk of explosion if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to the instructions. The Unit shall be setup and used so that parts of the user's body other than the hands are maintained at a distance of approximately 20 cm (8 inches) or more.
2. Getting Started Baby Unit Power Supply ON/OFF switch 1. Connect the power adapter to a suitable mains power socket and insert the plug into the power socket on the back of the Baby Unit (Camera). 2. Slide the ON/OFF switch to the ON position. The power indicator LED will light up in blue.
Parent Unit Power Supply IMPORTANT The Parent Unit is assembled with a built-in rechargeable battery pack (Lithium ion battery 1880mAh), please charge it for 16 hours before initial use. The battery is not a user-accessible item. Please contact the helpline if you think it needs replacing.
Registration (Pairing) The Baby Monitor is pre-registered to your Parent Unit. You do not need to register it again unless the Baby Unit loses its link with the Parent Unit. To re-register your Baby Unit, or register a new Baby Unit, follow the procedures below: 1.
3. Using the Baby Monitor Setting Up • Place the Baby Unit in a convenient location (e.g. on a table) and point the camera lens towards the area you want to monitor. • Adjust the angle of the Baby Unit's camera by using the pan and tilt function from the Parent Unit, to move up, down, left and right until you are satisfied with the image shown on the Parent Unit.
Temperature Display (HH °C / °F or LL °C / °F) The temperature reading from the temperature sensor at the back of the Baby Unit will be displayed at the top of the LCD screen. The readings will turn RED if the temperature goes above 29°C / 84°F or below 14°C / 57°F.
4. Parent Unit Menu Options Volume Press the Volume button + or - to adjust the volume level. icon will pop up and you can select the desired volume from level 0~8. (The default volume level setting is level 5, and level 0 is OFF.) Brightness 1.
Camera Control 4.6.1 Add (pair) a camera 1. Press the M button and the menu bar will pop up. 2. Press the < LEFT button or > RIGHT button until is highlighted, and del/ add/ view/ scan menu will pop up. 3.
4.6.3 Delete a camera 1. Press the M button and the menu bar will pop up. 2. Press the < LEFT button or > RIGHT button until is highlighted, and del/ add/ view/ scan menu will pop up. 3. Press the + UP button or - DOWN button to select del, and press the O button to confirm.
Power Saving Mode 1. Press the M button and the menu bar will pop up. 2. Press the < LEFT button or > RIGHT button until is highlighted. 3. Press the + UP button or - DOWN button to select auto video off after 5 mins, 30 mins or 60 mins (if operating on batteries only).
® 5. Wi-Fi Internet Viewing Minimum System Requirements Web Portal ® • Windows ® • Mac OS 10.7 • Chrome™ 24 ® • Internet Explorer ® • Safari • Java™ 7 ® • Firefox 18.0 ® ® • Adobe Flash Player 15.0 Android™...
Getting Started - Connecting Devices How does it work? Access your Wi-Fi Router MBP845CONNECT Camera locally. View your Camera from any Camera compatible device remotely. Hubble Service When a user tries to access the Camera, the Hubble server will authenticate the user’s identity before it grants access to the Camera.
Camera is ready for setup. 5.3.2 Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors App • Go to Google Play™ Store to search for "Hubble for Motorola Monitors". • Download "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" App from Google Play™ Store and install it on your Android™ device 5.3.3...
5.3.4 Add the Camera to your account • Tap on the top right corner of the screen to add camera. (Picture A2) • The following setup instructions will appear on the screen. (Picture A3) • Plug in and switch on the camera, and wait for a couple of minutes for it to warm up.
• The following setup instructions will appear on the screen. (Picture A4) • Press and hold the PAIR button on the bottom left edge of the Camera Unit for 3 seconds. You will then hear a beep tone, followed by a voice prompt indicating that the Camera is ready for pairing.
® • Select your Wi-Fi Network, enter your password and then tap Connect. (Pictures A7, A8) ® • It will take a few minutes for the Camera to connect to the Wi-Fi network before showing the connection status. (Pictures A9, A10) •...
5.4.2 Download Hubble for Motorola Monitors App • Go to App Store to search for "Hubble for Motorola Monitors". ® ® • Download "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" App and install it on your iPhone /iPad ® ® 5.4.3 Run Hubble for Motorola Monitors App on iPhone /iPad ®...
5.4.4 Add the Camera to your account • Tap on the top right corner of the screen to add camera. (Picture i2) • The following Bluetooth setup instructions will appear on the screen. (Picture Wi-Fi® Internet Viewing...
. (Pictures i4,i5) • Press the HOME key to return to the home screen, then tap on "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" App to resume setup. • The following setup instructions will appear on the screen. (Picture i6) Note that if Bluetooth is on, you will be brought to this step directly.
• The following will appear on the screen. (Pictures i7, i8) • Name the location of your Camera Unit and tap Continue. (Pictures i9, i10) Wi-Fi® Internet Viewing...
® • The Camera Unit will search for the Wi-Fi network (Picture i11) and display a list of available networks. (Picture i12) ® • Select your Wi-Fi network and tap Continue. (Picture i13) ® • Enter your Wi-Fi password and tap Next. (Picture i14) ®...
• If connection fails, tap Retry and repeat the steps starting from 3.3.4. • Tap View Live Camera to view the video captured by the Camera Unit. The LED indicator on the Camera Unit will light up in blue. Wi-Fi® Internet Viewing...
Camera Functions: 5.5.1 Connecting the Camera Unit to power • Connect the power adapter to a suitable mains power socket and insert the plug into the micro USB socket on the back of the Camera Unit. • Slide the ON/OFF switch to the ON position. The power indicator LED will light up in green.
Lullaby Tap to access the Melody menu and select one of the 5 pre-set melodies you wish to play on your Camera Unit. Temperature The temperature reading from the temperature Measure sensor at the back of the Camera Unit will display on the screen of your Android™...
Camera Setting You can change the Camera settings by tapping on the Settings icon. • Tap Details to review Camera Name, Cloud Subscription, Change Image, Timezone, Camera Model, Firmware Version and Delete All Events. • Tap Notifications to set the sensitivity of Sound Detection, Motion Detection and to set Alerts for High temperature (Up to 33 C or 91...
Working with PC/Notebook • Go to https://app.hubbleconnected.com/#login Enter your User Name and Password, and then click Login if you have already created an account. • Click on the Camera list paired in your account via Android™ device or ® ® iPhone /iPad , and the Camera view will appear on screen.
6. Disposal of the Device (Environment) At the end of the product life cycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the product, user's guide and/or box indicates this.
7. Cleaning Clean your Digital Video Baby Monitor with a slightly damp cloth or with an anti- static cloth. Never use cleaning agents or abrasive solvents. Cleaning and care • Do not clean any part of the Digital Video Baby Monitor with thinners or other solvents and chemicals - this may cause permanent damage to the product which is not covered by the warranty.
8. Help Display No display • Try recharging or replacing the battery pack. • Reset the Units. Disconnect the battery pack of the Parent Unit and unplug both the Units' electrical power, then plug them back in. • Is the Unit switched on? Press and hold the ON/OFF button 0 on the Parent Unit to switch it ON.
• Make sure that the Baby and Parent Units are not near other electrical equipment, such as a television, computer or cordless/mobile telephone. ® • Use of other 2.4 GHz products, such as wireless networks (Wi-Fi routers), Bluetooth™ systems, or microwave ovens, may cause interference with this product.
® Troubleshooting for Wi-Fi Internet Viewing Category Problem Solution Description / Error Account I am unable to login Please check your user name and even after registration. password. Account I receive an error Please ensure that you have message saying: "Email registered with us.
Viewing When I am in "remote When you are accessing your Camera Camera mode", the video stops via a network different from your after 5 minutes. How home network (over the internet) your do I view for longer? video times out after 5 minutes. You can click on the Camera again from the Android™/iOS application to start streaming again.
General What is the A flashing LED indicates the following significance of LED status: flashing? Slow flashing: 1. Your Camera is in setup mode. You can add the Camera to your account in this mode. Out of the box, the Camera is in Setup mode. To reset to Setup mode, press and hold the PAIR button on the bottom of the Camera untill you hear a beep.
Connectivity Even though I am Please check your wireless router Issues accessing my Camera settings. For example, for Buffalo ® from the same Wi-Fi brand routers there is an option called network, I still find my Wireless Isolation. Please disable this Camera is shown as option.
App for Android™ and - Open the Google Play Store on iOS devices? your Android™ device. - Select Search - Type in "Hubble for Motorola Monitors" - The results will show the Hubble - Select to install it iOS Device:...
Features How many users can If you are accessing in Local Mode, access the Camera at two users are supported, after two one time? users all streaming will go through the remote server. This allows for unlimited user access to a single Camera at one time.
To order a replacement battery pack for parent Unit, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE") What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage.
Unauthorised Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way by someone other than MOTOROLA, BINATONE or its authorised service centres, are excluded from coverage. Altered Products. Products or Accessories with (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered or obliterated;...
CONNECT-4 Country of Origin: China Brand: Motorola complies with the essential protection requirements of R&TTE Directive 1999/5/EC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to Radio Spectrum Matters, the Council Directive /108/EC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and the European Community Directive 2006/95/EC relating to Electrical Safety.
10. Technical Specifications BABY UNIT (Model: MBP845CONNECTBU) Frequency 2.4GHz to 2.48 GHz Image sensor colour CMOS 1M Pixels IR LED 6 pcs Operating Temperature 0 C - 45 Power Adapter Ten Pao International Ltd. S006AKU0500100 Input 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 200mA; Output: 5.0V DC, 1000mA WARNING Use only with provided power supply.
Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 200mA; Output: 5.0V DC, 1000mA WARNING Use only with provided power supply. Battery (built-in) LG Chemical Limited (Motorola BF6X) 3.7V, 1880mAh Lithium-Ion Polymer, rechargeable battery pack WARNING Do not attempt to replace the battery, but contact Customer Service if it needs replacing.
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylised M logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. Apple logo and Safari are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.