Important Safety Instructions
This manual describes only warnings and cautions for the installation and the power supply. Read "Important Safety
Instructions" described in the e-Manual (HTML manual) included in the supplied DVD-ROM also.
Indicates a warning concerning operations that may lead to death or injury to persons if not performed
correctly. To use the machine safely, always pay attention to these warnings.
Indicates a caution concerning operations that may lead to injury to persons if not performed correctly.
To use the machine safely, always pay attention to these cautions.
Do not install in a location that may result in a fire or
• A location where the ventilation slots are blocked (too close to walls,
beds, sofas, rugs, or similar objects)
• A damp or dusty location
• A location exposed to direct sunlight or outdoors
• A location subject to high temperatures
• A location exposed to open fl ames
• Near alcohol, paint thinners, or other fl ammable substances
• Do not connect unapproved cables to this machine. Doing so may
result in a fi re or electrical shock.
• Do not place necklaces and other metal objects or containers filled
with liquid on the machine. If foreign substances come in contact
with electrical parts inside the machine, it may result in a fi re or
• When installing and removing optional accessories, be sure to turn
OFF the power, unplug the power plug, and then disconnect all the
interface cables and power cord from the machine. Otherwise, the
power cord or interface cables may be damaged, resulting in a fi re or
• Do not use near medical equipment. Radio waves emitted from this
machine may interfere with medical equipment, which may result in
malfunctions and accidents.
• If any foreign substance falls into this machine, unplug the power
plug from the AC power outlet and contact your local authorized
Do not install in the following locations
The machine may drop or fall, resulting in injury.
• An unstable location
• A location exposed to vibrations
Before Using the Printer
To avoid the risk of personal injury or damage to the printer, and for legal information, make sure to read the "Notice" and "Important Safety
Instructions" in the e-Manual included on the accompanying DVD-ROM carefully before using the printer.
Avant d'utiliser l'imprimante
Pour éviter le risque de blessure personnelle ou d'endommager l'imprimante et pour des informations légales, assurez-
vous de lire attentivement les "Avis" et les "Consignes de sécurité importantes" dans le manuel électronique incluses
dans le DVD-ROM ci-joint avant d'utiliser l'imprimante.
Antes de utilizar la impresora
Para evitar el riesgo de sufrir lesiones personales o de causar daños a la impresora (y para información legal),
asegúrese de leer atentamente los "Aviso" y las "Instrucciones de seguridad importantes" del e-Manual incluido en el
DVD-ROM suministrado antes de utilizar la impresora.
Antes de Usar a Impressora
Para evitar o risco de ferimentos ou danos à impressora e para obter informações legais, leia com cuidado as "Aviso"
e "Instruções de segurança importantes" no manual eletrônico incluído no DVD-ROM fornecido, antes de usar a
• When carrying this machine, follow the instructions in this manual. If
carried improperly, it may fall, resulting in injury.
• When installing this machine, be careful not to get your hands caught
between the machine and the fl oor, walls, or paper drawer. Doing so
may result in injury.
• Use only a power supply that meets the specified voltage
requirements. Failure to do so may result in a fi re or electrical shock.
• Do not use power cords other than the one provided, as this may
result in a fi re or electrical shock.
• The provided power cord is intended for use with this machine. Do
not connect the power cord to other devices.
• Do not modify, pull, forcibly bend, or perform any other act that may
damage the power cord. Do not place heavy objects on the power
cord. Damaging the power cord may result in a fi re or electrical
• Do not plug in or unplug the power plug with wet hands, as this may
result in an electrical shock.
• Do not use extension cords or multi-plug power strips with the
machine. Doing so may result in a fi re or electrical shock.
• Do not wrap the power cord or tie it in a knot, as this may result in a fi
re or electrical shock.
• Insert the power plug completely into the AC power outlet. Failure to
do so may result in a fi re or electrical shock.
• Remove the power plug completely from the AC power outlet during
a thunder storm. Failure to do so may result in a fi re, electrical shock,
or damage to the machine.
Install this machine near the power outlet and leave suffi cient space
around the power plug so that it can be unplugged easily in an