CAUTION: TO AVOID RISK OF INJURY:
• Observe common sense hygiene rules, as with any warming unit. Do not eat or drink perishable items
that may have spoiled or become contaminated.
CArE ANd mAINTENANCE
The Black & Decker® Travel Cooler and Warmer is ruggedly constructed to provide years of dependable
• After each use, clean the unit inside and out with a soft cloth and mild soap solution.
• Do not scrape, scratch or puncture the surface of the cooler with sharp objects or abrasives.
• Dry the unit properly and store in a cool, dry place.
• Always make sure the power cord is disconnected before storing.
• Never allow the cooler/warmer to be immersed in liquid.
The power cord is fuse-protected against short-circuiting, by a 5-amp fuse located in the tip of the 12 volt
DC plug. If the DC socket is powered, but the unit does not operate, then the cooler/warmer fuse may be
To inspect or replace the DC Power Cord Fuse:
1. Unscrew the end-cap of the power cord plug.
2. Remove fuse, inspect it for an open element, and replace with a new 5-amp fuse, if needed.
3. Re-attach the end-cap to the plug.
4. If new fuse opens, call Customer Service department at 1-877-571-2391 for further instructions and
possible return/replacement. This unit is not user-serviceable; it must be returned to the manufacturer
for professional service or repair. Any attempt to service by user will void warranty.
The unit shuts down.
The unit has shut down because the low battery voltage protection is
active. Low voltage protection is active if the three LOW
VEHICLE BATTERY LED Indicators light red.
Cooler/Warmer is not
• Fuse or circuit breaker in accessory outlet is open. Reset breaker or
functioning as a cooler or
check fuse, and replace fuse if necessary.
warmer (fan is not turning).
• Ignition is switched off — start engine or switch ignition to
• Fuse in unit's power plug is blown — see Fuse Replacement section
for location of fuse and instructions for checking and replacing fuse.
Cooler/Warmer is not cooling
• Accessory outlet of DC power supply is not functioning — check by
or heating properly (fan is not
plugging in a 12 volt DC appliance.
• Fan is defective. Call Customer Service department 1-877-571-2391
for return/ replacement instructions. This unit is not user-serviceable,
it must be returned to manufacturer for professional service or repair.
Any attempt to service by user will void warranty.
Cooler/Warmer is not cooling
Cooling or heating unit is defective. Call Customer Service department
1-877-571-2391 for return/replacement instructions. This unit is not
or heating, but fan is turning.
user-serviceable, it must be returned to manufacturer for professional
service or repair. Any attempt to service by user will void warranty.
Cooler/Warmer takes longer
• Low battery or supply voltage.
than 3 hours to reach desired
• Unit will attain desired temperature more efficiently if items are pre-
heated or pre-chilled.
• Fan area is blocked — move unit or object.
Recommended accessories for use with your tool are available from the manufacturer. If you need
assistance regarding accessories, please contact the manufacturer at (877) 571-2391.
The use of any accessory not recommended for use with this appliance could be hazardous.
Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts, contact the manufacturer
at (877) 571-2391.
ONE-YEAr lImITEd WArrANTY
The manufacturer warrants this product against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE
(1) YEAR from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period").
If there is a defect and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, the defective product can
be replaced or repaired in the following ways: (1) Return the product to the manufacturer for repair or
replacement at manufacturer's option. Proof of purchase may be required by manufacturer. (2) Return
the product to the retailer where product was purchased for an exchange (provided that the store is a
participating retailer). Returns to retailer should be made within the time period of the retailer's return policy
for exchanges only (usually 30 to 90 days after the sale). Proof of purchase may be required. Please check
with the retailer for their specific return policy regarding returns that are beyond the time set for exchanges.
This warranty does not apply to accessories, bulbs, fuses and batteries; defects resulting from normal wear
and tear, accidents; damages sustained during shipping; alterations; unauthorized use or repair; neglect,
misuse, abuse; and failure to follow instructions for care and maintenance for the product.
This warranty gives you, the original retail purchaser, specific legal rights and you may have other rights
which vary from state to state or province to province. This product is not intended for commercial use.
Please complete the Product Registration Card and return within 30 days from purchase of the product to:
Baccus Global LLC, 595 S. Federal Highway, Suite 210, Boca Raton, FL 33432.
free number: 1-877-571-2391.
12 can / 9 liter / 2.38 gallons (US)
12 volt DC
Low Voltage Protection: 11 ± 0.5 VDC
7' (2.13 meters) with 12 volt DC accessory plug and 5 amp fuse
12 volts DC, approx. 4 amps
Cools down to as much as 40°F (or 22.2°C) below surrounding air
Warming Performance: Warms to 120°F (48.8°C)
Temperature-efficient, aluminum-coated liner
CFC-free polyurethane liner
Built-in fan (long-life, brushless motor)
Imported by Baccus Global, 595 S. Federal Highway, Suite 210, Boca Raton, FL 33432
Baccus Global LLC, toll-
8/10/2012 11:42:26 AM